Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Skull Faced Guy=Other Grievous?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The Skull Faced Guy=Other Grievous?

Rhyltran
01.01.2012 , 06:26 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by demonspleasure View Post
I can't for the life of me remember his name, from the Bounty Hunter storyline.

<--------But he happens to be my profile pic.

Anyway, i was wondering: The minute i saw this guy, i the first thought that came to my head was "Grievous". The masks look extremely similar, and since Grievous was given a robotic body due to injuries, is that what Grievous looked like before? Are they the same species? And what species is that?
Kaleesh. They all have similar masks.

SaesApprentice
02.04.2012 , 03:33 AM | #12
I guess you're talking about Grataa:

http://www.torhead.com/npc/bNrsnqa/grataa#see-also

Grievous wasn't a droid. He was a cyborg and that's a huge difference.
Flesh is weak. You need only gaze on me to see that. - Grievous

Sorry for my English

Quiet
02.04.2012 , 03:47 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
Like others have said, technically grievous was a cyborg, but only his brain and eyes remained from his original body. (Dont ask why he coughed, that was a personal peeve of mine).
He was coughing because Mace Windu force crushed his chest as he was escaping Coruscant.
This was shown in the Cartoon Network Clone Wars tv series which came out prior to the release of Episode 3.

In fact Episode 3 starts right were the last two episodes of the Cartoon Network Clone Wars tv series left off. Last two episodes were General Grievous kidnapping Palapatine on Coruscant.

Star Wars: Clone Wars (2003) was a two season animated series depicting what occured between Episode 2 & 3.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008) is a short movie and a five season animated series depicting what occured between Episode 2 & 3.

Why two series?
Because, George Lucas likes to go back and redo things.
Canon wise the new series over rides the old series.
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

LoneRebel
02.04.2012 , 04:04 AM | #14
Yeah, Grievous was a Kaleesh Cyborg (seriously, it shouldn't just be Humans who can be Cyborgs in TOR). His cyborg body, however, was not built to look like that of a Kaleesh. Kaleesh are not digitigrade, for one thing.

As for those masks, it's a Kaleesh cultural tradition that Grievous kept up even after being cyborged. You'll rarely see a Kaleesh without his mask on.
Those who can, do. Those who can't, QQ.

Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge. Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony. Death, yet the Force.

Mechavomit
02.04.2012 , 04:43 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by LoneRebel View Post
Kaleesh are not digitigrade, for one thing.
Are they? Because clone wars suggest they are, comics suggest they are, this game suggest they aren't, the official NAGAS art suggest they aren't. Apparently, this game also says they have three fingers, which is a LIE!

Quiet
02.04.2012 , 05:21 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Mechavomit View Post
Are they? Because clone wars suggest they are, comics suggest they are, this game suggest they aren't, the official NAGAS art suggest they aren't. Apparently, this game also says they have three fingers, which is a LIE!
Maybe they mutated/evolved in the 3000 years from the game to the movies?
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).