Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Skull Faced Guy=Other Grievous?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The Skull Faced Guy=Other Grievous?

demonspleasure
12.31.2011 , 11:44 PM | #1
I can't for the life of me remember his name, from the Bounty Hunter storyline.

<--------But he happens to be my profile pic.

Anyway, i was wondering: The minute i saw this guy, i the first thought that came to my head was "Grievous". The masks look extremely similar, and since Grievous was given a robotic body due to injuries, is that what Grievous looked like before? Are they the same species? And what species is that?

LordRelyks
12.31.2011 , 11:50 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by demonspleasure View Post
I can't for the life of me remember his name, from the Bounty Hunter storyline.

<--------But he happens to be my profile pic.

Anyway, i was wondering: The minute i saw this guy, i the first thought that came to my head was "Grievous". The masks look extremely similar, and since Grievous was given a robotic body due to injuries, is that what Grievous looked like before? Are they the same species? And what species is that?
Yea, I caught on to it aswell. Its a warrior species known as the Kaleesh.

Wiz' Khalifa/Nevaro Kas'im from Flurry SWG.

schwiz
12.31.2011 , 11:56 PM | #3
wasn't Grievous a droid??

Aleron
01.01.2012 , 12:02 AM | #4
Yes, it is the same species as Grievious was before being rebuilt into a droid.
"That's because unlike in Mass Effect 2 where you only had to spend around 8 hours scanning planets in TOR you will be spending hundreds upon hundreds of hours scanning planets. Everyone knows, the most fun thing about having your own spaceship is to scan planets." Rothnang

usmarshal
01.01.2012 , 12:17 AM | #5
Grevious was a a Kaleesh general who was terribly injured in a starship crash and was rebuilt as a cyborg by the Intergalactic Banking Clan who promised they would help his starving war devestated people if he served them and the Separatists. SI's get a Kaleesh apprentice named Xalek.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.-Winston Churchill

demonspleasure
01.01.2012 , 12:17 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by schwiz View Post
wasn't Grievous a droid??
sorta, if u noticed in Ep III, Obi-Wan shot organs. Grievous was injured and the Sepratists rebuilt him using droid parts. So he's like a cyborg

Karkais
01.01.2012 , 12:44 AM | #7
Like others have said, technically grievous was a cyborg, but only his brain and eyes remained from his original body. (Dont ask why he coughed, that was a personal peeve of mine).

The avatar picture is a kaleesh companion one of the classes gets.
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

ChubbyLumpkins
01.01.2012 , 03:15 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
Like others have said, technically grievous was a cyborg, but only his brain and eyes remained from his original body. (Dont ask why he coughed, that was a personal peeve of mine).

The avatar picture is a kaleesh companion one of the classes gets.
Wrong. His major organs were still inside of his cyborg body, they're what Obi-Wan shot after prying open the chassis.

Rayla_Felana
01.01.2012 , 03:36 AM | #9
He's a Kaleesh, Greivous became a droid after Darth Tyrannus shot his ship down with lightning and then blamed the incident on the Jedi(this part might be wrong, but he definitely blamed on the Republic or something), hence he became a general in the Confederacy of Independent Systems.

grania
01.01.2012 , 06:15 AM | #10
I think the npc you're talking about is Rarsk?

edit

Sorry not Rarsk, Grataa~
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--