Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A question regarding a specific NPC

Colow_Leper
12.31.2011 , 11:01 PM | #1
Not a flashpoint, or an operation or, indeed, a heroic mission...... Just a common or garden solo quest (or so I thought....)

I am doing a little quest called "Extracting the Scientist" on the planet Quesh. I have done the first stage successfully - and am now at the point where I must "Defeat Captain Jesh and his droids". I go in - all cool downs off, so I'm ready to go - the character is 36 elite, 3 levels under me, so it could be a hard(ish) fight, but I ought to be able to do it.

First attempt - *splat* "blimey" thinks I "he's hard". wait for the cool downs to go and have another try - 10 seconds it lasted - even using my damage reducing stuff.

I send out a "help" on general, and get the reply "don't bother - 4 of us went in against him, 2 DPS, a healer and a tank - the whole party was wiped in 15 seconds.

Am I missing something here? Something I need to do? or is this NPC acually a world boss in disguise?
Didn't we just leave this party?

Highcommander
01.01.2012 , 12:27 AM | #2
hmmm I was lvl 39 I think when I tackled him and I did it solo as a healing JC and a tank pet. Granted I usually sip my diet pepsi and plan to spam heal for 10 mins but I do not recall him being overly difficult... I am way over his lvl now (around 47) but I could go back to test his damage ....

Lifeforce
01.01.2012 , 10:21 AM | #3
Yup just tried this one myself with Doc my healing compaion and after blasting all cd's managed him down to about 50% health! Not often I give up on a boss but this one just ain't worth the wipes!

Colow_Leper
01.01.2012 , 09:32 PM | #4
OK, having gained a couple of levels (and having just finished a flashpoint) we went back there - and the fight lasted about 5 seconds (the Jedi Sentinel and the Trooper just obliterated him before he had a chance to do ANYTHING), So, it CAN be done!

Just wait a level or two and bring a couple of mates!

Nizzemancer
01.06.2012 , 07:55 PM | #5
Glad I'm not the only one having problems with this ****, I'm a lvl36 Vanguard speccing as a tank and using Elara Dorne to heal, I last about 15 seconds against this guy, something is waaay off here.

And if you have to level up and bring friends to take this guy down then maybe someone should correct the mission log information, until they do I'll just assume that someone ****ed up...

Bioware fix this ********.
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them.

Cedia
01.07.2012 , 12:50 PM | #6
Level 39 Gunslinger here, no way I can kill him. He is level 36!!!

I just took down a level 37 elite in my class quest and ended up with Corso and myself with half health.

I repeat, Captain Jesh is a level 36 elite mob. He is green to me. I cannot kill him. He has a single target insta-cast damage skill that takes down half of Corso's health in one shot, and he spams that thing.

This seriously needs to be looked at.

EDIT: Level 40 now, still can't beat him. Dumping questline and submitting a ticket.
* Female Mandalorians who romanced Torian are missing his Resol'nare and Mando'a lessons conversations since 4.0 launched. * Please fix this!!! *

Kerwynn
01.13.2012 , 09:21 PM | #7
I just spent 2 hours trying him with every companion I can find. I kill 17k health elites all the time, but this guy I can't get below half at level 38.

I give up

sheethead
01.24.2012 , 07:08 PM | #8
I'm level 39 Gunslinger and can't come close to beating this guy!

Guess they have no intention of looking into it or nerfing it.

I'll just drop it too.

Colow_Leper
02.14.2012 , 04:25 PM | #9
Damn it - just come up against this guy with my second character!

ARRRRRGH!

Edit

OK - I did it first time with a level 36 character. So either he's been nerfed, or I've learned!

He seems to have had his massive 50% damage attack removed - so they do listen! (they may not *say* anything - but they *do* listen!)

errant_knight
02.16.2012 , 11:17 PM | #10
He doesn't seem different to me. Just tried again at level 40 (dps Guardian), with Kira. Got him down to a quarter of his health before dying a couple of times, but that was as good as it got.