Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Video] Imperial Fleet +10 Stats Datacron Walkthrough (Lv50)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
[Video] Imperial Fleet +10 Stats Datacron Walkthrough (Lv50)

Feartheflames's Avatar


Feartheflames
12.31.2011 , 10:57 PM | #1
If this is in the wrong place, I apologize, there didn't seem to be a forum for such things as Datacrons, so I dropped it here

While searching for datacrons around the planets, stumbled across this little beauty and while it requires Lv50, I can still show you how to get to it even if I'm not yet 50. There are a few written guides for this one, but some of them are hard to follow, and I thought an easy to follow video from start to finish would assist you guys a bit easier, and you know what they say. If you want something done right? Find someone else to do it for you, and so my guildies did >.>

Hope you enjoy the video and I hope it helps you get the edge in whatever you're focusing on

http://youtu.be/D7miHDE_VOA

If reading is more your style. Check out this awesome thread from Lemon_King: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=108876

Edit: Sorry for not replying sooner guys been busy!

Confirmed the stuck fix/bug tonight (21/1/12), going to see if I can work out a solution for it for you guys, until then I recommend you simply take a 5th person with force pull, get them to wait until you have activated all the buttons and get them up to the door (Don't have them drop down to any of the buttons). Once they are there. Just have your group of 4 die, and run back through and get force pulled up. I know it's longer and more of an inconvenience but that's the easiest way to fix it for now, I'm going to try and figure out if /stuck is glitching from certain positions, if it's a bug or if this was an intentional fix and you can get back up another way.

In regards to any Lv50's not being able to touch the blue crystal, this is a known bug, just ticket it for now, I've found no cure.

Bloodtau's Avatar


Bloodtau
12.31.2011 , 11:01 PM | #2
I freaking hate the datacron system, it's the biggest fail in an MMO ever. Cool video though

Feartheflames's Avatar


Feartheflames
12.31.2011 , 11:10 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodtau View Post
I freaking hate the datacron system, it's the biggest fail in an MMO ever. Cool video though
The puzzles are fairly awesome in my opinion, I understand that some people hate them, hence why I thought it would be helpful to do a video explaining this one as it was a bit of a pain

To each their own though, I understand if you hate them

Gunfox's Avatar


Gunfox
12.31.2011 , 11:15 PM | #4
The Datacron system is one of the greatest things in a mmo ever! It rewards exploring and jump & run passages Awesome vid!!

P-hantom's Avatar


P-hantom
12.31.2011 , 11:15 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodtau View Post
I freaking hate the datacron system, it's the biggest fail in an MMO ever. Cool video though
Have to disagree there, IMO the datacron system is a massive GRATZ for Bioware. Very rarely nowdays does a company put something into a game that is so hard to achieve. The datacron system rewards those who are willing to put in the effort (and time) to go look for them.

I find this rewarding and it actually gives a sense of achievement, which is something many MOs are lacking nowdays !

WELL DONE Bio, nice vid link OP


We're not retreating... we're advancing, in a different direction !

My SWTOR youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ_sx...&feature=g-upl

Bloodtau's Avatar


Bloodtau
12.31.2011 , 11:17 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by P-hantom View Post
Have to disagree there, IMO the datacron system is a massive GRATZ for Bioware. Very rarely nowdays does a company put something into a game that is so hard to achieve. The datacron system rewards those who are willing to put in the effort (and time) to go look for them.

I find this rewarding and it actually gives a sense of achievement, which is something many MOs are lacking nowdays !

WELL DONE Bio, nice vid link OP


That's the thing, it only takes one guy to find them, post how to get them, then everyone gets them. No skill needed, just the ability to use a search button on a fan site.

Feartheflames's Avatar


Feartheflames
12.31.2011 , 11:19 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodtau View Post
That's the thing, it only takes one guy to find them, post how to get them, then everyone gets them. No skill needed, just the ability to use a search button on a fan site.
That's not a flaw in the system, that's just how the net works If you want to figure them out you can. Videos are just there to help those that get stuck ^^

Liniert's Avatar


Liniert
12.31.2011 , 11:20 PM | #8
Awesome, one of my guildes just hit 50 today which makes 4 of us, will see if we can do this tommorow

Bloodtau's Avatar


Bloodtau
12.31.2011 , 11:20 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Feartheflames View Post
That's not a flaw in the system, that's just how the net works If you want to figure them out you can. Videos are just there to help those that get stuck ^^
Oh, i wasn't bashing your video. I was just stating to the person that it's not a great system as people seem to think it is

Feartheflames's Avatar


Feartheflames
12.31.2011 , 11:21 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodtau View Post
Oh, i wasn't bashing your video. I was just stating to the person that it's not a great system as people seem to think it is
Oh I know Don't worry, nothing but <3 from me. Just saying, some people enjoy watching videos on things like this, I understand that some people like working it out for themselves, which we did for a large part of this. But to each their own. I thought it was just a nice way to help others ^^