Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hard Flash Point Group comps

Salrog
12.31.2011 , 10:32 PM | #1
Are these intended to be done with 2 dps 1 tank 1 healer or? What are people having sucess with. I just tried the Esseles with a pug, no vent and we got slaughtered.

On the first boss it seemed like our Jedi tank couldn't keep agro on the adds so we tried to switch to them in order to kill them. When we did this he would enrage and one shot our tank. If we ignored the adds they would just run through and smash our healer.

Group comp was jedi knight tank, trooper heals, Sage heals, and Shadow DPS.

Jigglypants
12.31.2011 , 10:53 PM | #2
We ran all hardmodes with juggernaught tank (guardian), sorc (sage) healer, sorc dps and then either operative (scoundrel) or marauder (sentinel) dps.

When our tank still had green/orange leveling gear I had to be really active healing always. Now with 4 pieces or so of epics and some more experience I can actually DPS alot during a couple of boss fights while keeping shield, the HoT with armor buff and an occational heal on the tank. Allthough there are still the really healing intensive fights that I pretty much chain cast heals non stop.

Either way to sum it up:
You are supposed to run the heroics with 1 tank, 2 dps and 1 healer. If you get slaughtered you should probably start using your crowd control abilities, tank and healing cooldowns. Regarding agro problems, that's just bad execution from both dps and the tank.

ppzheng
12.31.2011 , 11:57 PM | #3
I run with Jugg, Merc DPS, Sniper, and Sorc Healer. We truck through all the HM's no problem. CC helps a lot when you're starting out, but becomes unnecessary after a few pieces of epics as you can just aoe everything down. Our Jugg has 22k hp buffed right now.

AzKnc
01.01.2012 , 12:03 AM | #4
we run everything with guardian tank, gunslinger, commando dps, scoundrel healer. You can't have less than 2 dps cause current enrage timers are a joke, we're half columi half tionese geared by now and some bosses STILL reach their enrage.

Not to mention some bosses are just overtuned while others feel like normal mode.. they don't make much sense, While some others got their mechanic not working all together.

In your case though, i'm afraid your group was just terrible because the whole esseles instance is ridiculously easy except from ironfist, who's one of those silly overtuned cases and does massive damage + enraging in 5 mins or less.

It's pretty clear that they got changed at the last minute and nobody actually tested them.
AzK - Jaded - The Red Eclipse
We're not in the 90's anymore.
Pro Dungeon tool. Pro Cross server. Pro Dual AC. Pro Dual spec.