Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

start wars episode 7,prequel?

opticmax
12.31.2011 , 06:43 PM | #1
Do you think its possible to have this kind of movies, series ?

BrandonSM
12.31.2011 , 06:46 PM | #2
Prequel... where would it take place? Almost everything Pre-TCW has been clogged up.

It would have to be at least 200 years. No more Skywalkers or Solo's, maybe give them a mention or two. And then lets have character's with no known history/legacy. Clean Slate.

I'm tired of all the books somehow ending up to being tied to the Skywalkers.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

opticmax
12.31.2011 , 06:48 PM | #3
ya but a prequel with actor and where lucas written the script, not writer

JWinkler
12.31.2011 , 06:52 PM | #4
Why, why, why would you want that idiot to write the script?

Zarrok
12.31.2011 , 07:05 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JWinkler View Post
Why, why, why would you want that idiot to write the script?
You loved jar jar binks....come on,admit it,
Hey,point that thing someplace else!
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post

We don't have friendly fire in The Old Republic for a simple reason: a lot of players are, well... idiots.

opticmax
12.31.2011 , 07:13 PM | #6
maybe the episode 1 and 2 wasnt the best and were more based on money and maketing but lucas written the 4,5,6 too

DarkMorlin
12.31.2011 , 10:14 PM | #7
Episode IV was great, gotta give Lucas props, he wrote a great outline. Empire strikes back was the best Star Wars movie by far....because Kasdan took over as director. Empire was so good it guaranteed a slot for Jedi.

Jedi was nowhere near as good as Empire...because Kasdan wasn't invited back. I imagine he took one look at the script (Ewoks) and refused to associate with it. Kasdan brought a depth of character and drama to the script that is beyond Lucas's abilities. Don't get me wrong, GL is a great visionary, but he is a terrible director/producer.

In the prequels, GL took the helm directly, giving us awesome special effects for the corny, one-dimensional Dum-Dum Binks and the whiny battle droids. Unfortunately, the drama was, if not missing from the prequels, it was just not believable. All the characters were entirely one-dimensional. Not even Oscar worthy performances from Ewan Macgregor and Ian McKellan could overcome the simplicity of the characters.

As Dirty Harry said "A mans got to know his limitations". Lucas, while he deserves his position as the legendary creator of Star Wars, went beyond his limits in trying to direct the prequels, and took something that could have been EPIC and made it 'good'.

DarkAngelGuyver
12.31.2011 , 10:28 PM | #8
To be fair, I'm personally kinda glad Lucas got his way for Jedi.

Yes everyone's keen to point out how amazing Empire is, and it's a good movie, but compared to ANH and Jedi it's got a much slower, more ponderous pace to it. It drags the audience through the mud much as it does the characters, which is certainly fitting for the middle act.

However some of the original concepts would have done a similar job on Jedi. I forget the specifics on it all but apparently stuff like Solo getting killed, Luke disappearing, Lando getting caught up in the DSII's destruction, etc. Essentially leaving only Leia left at the end of it all. it makes for a poor final act where, personally, I think a proper happy ending is warranted.

Yes the Ewoks are kinda dumb, and one has to question the effectiveness of stormtrooper armor, but it is still a decent movie (at least the pre-blu ray release version *shudder*) and really not earning of the ire that's been slung at it. Eps 1 through 3 however there's a laundry list of what's wrong there and we needn't retread that path.

Still I'm in agreement that George needs to hand the series of to more competent writers and directors. It would be neat to see any subsequent episodes perhaps do a more substantial timeskip, go beyond the current EU periods, etc. Since whatever happens at this point basically demands distancing the story from the original cast, or re-casting them as they're all prettymuch too old to play out their roles and most seem disinterested in even doing it.

dynamofan
01.01.2012 , 04:46 PM | #9
What abou movies on the bane trilogy?
Jedi Covenant
Forkath- LVL 36 Imperial Agent
Xellephax- LVL 44 Jedi Consular

BrandonSM
01.01.2012 , 04:57 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by dynamofan View Post
What abou movies on the bane trilogy?
No.

I don't want to see any movie on a book series, not even the thrawn trilogy. He needs to create a new era and start off with a clean slate.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."