Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Last boss of HM False Emperor impossible to kill without knockback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Last boss of HM False Emperor impossible to kill without knockback

rehnisjr
01.01.2012 , 03:54 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MichaelTC View Post
Sorcerers have Overload.
--------

rehnisjr
01.01.2012 , 03:55 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by MercArcher View Post
We made his HP = 0
He fell over and died
You could just have said no.

Tower
01.01.2012 , 04:01 PM | #23
Ha I ran into another bug last night. My group did HM Last Emp..at 100k I pulled him to the edge with my back against a pillar to avoid being tossed off myself as I was the tank. For SOME reason, Malgus went to another player for a sec, thus moving JUST enough for me to taunt and get thrown over the edge. 3 Seconds after I died, the fight was overand The kill was completed, BUT once you die that way, you automatically get booted outside the instance. I was unable to reenter the instance and join in the loot. I was on TS at the time with the group, and they waited for me but , the damn place just wouldnt let me reenter.

I tanked the whole thing, every boss, up till the final seconds of the last one, died, and guess what he dropped.. The jugger tanking chest token. LOL I was so pissy. After running multiple hard modes(daily for 2-3 days) and never seeing ONE SINGLE PIECE OF TANKING GEAR, it finally dropped, and I wasnt allowed back in. GFG

kaesebreze
01.01.2012 , 04:51 PM | #24
Yep. There are some group setups that cannot kill him because they're lacking the knock backs.

Vanguard/Powertech, Operatives/Scoundrels, Marauder/Sentinel, Gunslinger/Sniper.

Dumb Boss Design is dumb.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."...

Manv
01.01.2012 , 04:54 PM | #25
The best strategy is to hope he bugs out and doesn't enter the "I R immortal and spam lighting at u" phase at all, which seems to happen sometimes. Then you can just kill him normally. And I'm not even kidding here :/

MichaelTC
01.01.2012 , 05:38 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by rehnisjr View Post
Overload does not knock him back.
Good to know.

kaesebreze
01.01.2012 , 09:52 PM | #27
Bump.

The boss needs a redesign if 4 out 8 ACs do not posses a knockback.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."...

Tonoftw
01.01.2012 , 10:02 PM | #28
Don't go into the encounter without knowing you have atleast 1 knockback? Fairly easy.
There ain't no nothing we can't love each other through.

GeLopez
01.01.2012 , 10:33 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Highcommander View Post
LOL i could be way off here... but knockback is not how he was intended to be beaten...
It is intended. It's a reference to how Darth Vader killed the real emperor.

It is pretty dumb design though. A reference is not worth bad gameplay and balance.
Lopez - Jedi Sage @ The Fatman

Rashorn
01.02.2012 , 01:18 AM | #30
Did this without having a knockback. I, as a powertech tank, just jumped off the edge and grappled him off..........was not able to loot, but got the "W".

Shouldn't have to have a specific group makeup to get this fight done.

-Harlon