The Last Straw? No "Darth" Title... No Return of 110,000 Credits!

Taelrond

I've pretty well been a fanboi of this game, but I think I just reached my limit with these issues. I dealt with all the little bugs and ability issues, and got my Sorc up to 50 only to find out there is yet one more bug to deal with that prevents a sorc from receiving their "Darth" title. Guess if I had spent more time in the forums and less in game I might have been better prepared for that little tid bit. Whatever, so I send my lvl 1 warrior three mails with crafting supplies, high lvl gear to auction, and 110,000 credits to get my next crafting project going while I level him. Good thought, only the awesome mail system lost ALL of it. :mad: The responses to my tickets are summarized as follows:

The "Darth" Title... " Your report has been forwarded to the relevant department, please check future patch notes for any updates."

Awesome, so maybe someday a fairy god mother will smack me with a stick and I too will be a "real darth". Thanks for nothin gepetto.

The missing mail: "we can restore missing items, but only 3 in a six month period. If you want an item restored provide Char name, server name, full item name, where it was obtained, what it cost, where it is now, and where/when it was lost." Here's the funny line..." for quicker assistance we suggest you keep the item in your inventory." Well no ****! stupid me for mailing to an alt. And lastly... "Please understand that we are currently unable to restore credits lost via the mail system":mad:

That's the bit that gets me. I understand bugs, I understand bugs at launch, I will not be understanding of unwillingness to restore loss caused by those bugs. I'm currently in the frame of mind that if this isn't rectified by the time the billing cycle rolls around, my card will decline the charge. I adjusted to the "darth" thing, but you're not hi-jacking my economy, or my ability to send items to my other toons.

Rant over, be careful what you send in the mail, there are three other people on my server (that I know of) missing credits from alts from this issue; ranging from 50k to 270k. It would seem we are all screwed. I would invite any one of official capacity to correct that thought if it is in error, however, your "protocol droid" summed it up fairly definitively.

Edited by Taelrond

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The missing mail: "we can restore missing items, but only 3 in a six month period. If you want an item restored provide Char name, server name, full item name, where it was obtained, what it cost, where it is now, and where/when it was lost." Here's the funny line..." for quicker assistance we suggest you keep the item in your inventory." Well no ****! stupid me for mailing to an alt. And lastly... "Please understand that we are currently unable to restore credits lost via the mail system":mad:

I like to imagine that their customer service is literally run by droids who can't violate their programming. They aren't empowered by EA to use their own judgement to assist customers.....They have to simply follow the letter of the "law". They're just droids, after all. EA doesn't trust their judgement.

I remember in wow once i tried to send 50 k gold to an alt and didnt see it for hours. Iread on a forum back then that suspicious mail with large sums were heavily scrutinized. May be similar here but honestly dont know and That stinks if it is just a bug. In the future despite the tedium mail smaller chunks at a time so at least you still have 75% of your credits as opposed to losing them all in one fel swoop.

Their support is so abysmal its staggering. It is almost as if they are trying to force people out of the game.
My support would be abysmal if I had launched less than a month ago with two million players, a big number of which seem to insist on every tiny little detail that irks them being instantly resolved by a support ticket they send in every five hours.

Patience, grasshopper. Just because you don't get a response doesn't mean they aren't aware of it. Clogging the Support system with incessant tickets about minor things or demanding real-time updates makes it slower for everyone else; the reason you don't get a response is because there's 5,000 other people like you doing the same thing and they want to be answered first.

I've pretty well been a fanboi of this game, but I think I just reached my limit with these issues. I dealt with all the little bugs and ability issues, and got my Sorc up to 50 only to find out there is yet one more bug to deal with that prevents a sorc from receiving their "Darth" title. Guess if I had spent more time in the forums and less in game I might have been better prepared for that little tid bit. Whatever, so I send my lvl 1 warrior three mails with crafting supplies, high lvl gear to auction, and 110,000 credits to get my next crafting project going while I level him. Good thought, only the awesome mail system lost ALL of it. :mad: The responses to my tickets are summarized as follows:

The "Darth" Title... " Your report has been forwarded to the relevant department, please check future patch notes for any updates."

Awesome, so maybe someday a fairy god mother will smack me with a stick and I too will be a "real darth". Thanks for nothin gepetto.

That's the bit that gets me. I understand bugs, I understand bugs at launch, I will not be understanding of unwillingness to restore loss caused by those bugs. I'm currently in the frame of mind that if this isn't rectified by the time the billing cycle rolls around, my card will decline the charge. I adjusted to the "darth" thing, but you're not hi-jacking my economy, or my ability to send items to my other toons.

Rant over, be careful what you send in the mail, there are three other people on my server (that I know of) missing credits from alts from this issue; ranging from 50k to 270k. It would seem we are all screwed. I would invite any one of official capacity to correct that thought if it is in error, however, your "protocol droid" summed it up fairly definitively.

I get the feeling you just mispelled something and sent to the wrong target. I send mails between my alts and i got no problem whatsoever.

What was stopping you from auctioning off the high lvl items from your main?

What does that have to do with anything?? The point is, if we send mail to other people, that mail should arrive. If it doesn't arrive due to a bug, then it is BioWare's responsibility to replace the contents of that mail.

Stating that they will only replace 3 mails in a 6 month period is ridiculous if the lost mail is as a result of a failure in their systems. If they are going to have a mail system, they need to make it work, and when it doesn't they need to replace what has gone missing.

Of course if the mail goes missing due to user error, then that is completely different.

Edited by Mandrax

I get the feeling you just mispelled something and sent to the wrong target. I send mails between my alts and i got no problem whatsoever.

I considered that at first, but there were three different mails due to the small amount of items you can send at one time. One mail, yeah it's possible, but not three consecutive.

I recommend trading your credits to a close guildy or buddy and have him trade it to your alt in the future. It's alOt safer. I wouldn't mail anything to anyone in a new mmo.

see, here we thought they had an awesome beta testing phases that really flushed out the most simple of things like mail errors, not realizing that 99% of beta-testers don't submit bug reports but just play the game so they have an edge at release