Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Unofficial TOR and Boot Camp Discussion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Unofficial TOR and Boot Camp Discussion Thread

ObiWan-Canobi
06.07.2013 , 07:11 PM | #511
I have SWTOR running great on a 15" macbook pro retina display. But what I'm trying to do is get it running in VMWare so that I don't have to boot into Win 7 all the time (although it helps with 16gb of RAM and SSD). The problem I keep having is that all I get is a black screen when trying to run it virtualized. Assuming this is a result of the crappy VMWare 3D virtual drivers. I've seen some threads about making certain settings in the SWTOR config. Does anyone know for sure? Is it all about the settings? Should I just turn them all to low and see if that works?

Any advice would be helpful!

Allyyyy
06.24.2013 , 08:02 AM | #512
Hi, im buying a new Macbook pro 13" with retina just wondering if it would work better with windows 7 or 8 ?

Ezbuttun
08.21.2013 , 11:17 PM | #513
Quote: Originally Posted by Allyyyy View Post
Hi, im buying a new Macbook pro 13" with retina just wondering if it would work better with windows 7 or 8 ?
They don't support Windows 8.

zakhrim
09.25.2013 , 08:23 AM | #514
Pardon, but saying that you can run SWTOR on a Mac only if your Mac runs a Windows OS, is like saying
"Hey, can I use my brand new red Ferrari to go biking?"
"Sure! Just take off two wheels"

The correct answer was:
"No. SWTOR doesn't run on Mac OS (or any UNIX-like) systems. If you want, at your own risk, you can install a Windows partition on your Mac and play SWTOR from this partition."

Zakhrim

Bayushi_Doran
02.12.2014 , 11:28 AM | #515
You need a dedicated graphic card. I have a Macbook late 2009 running Boot Camp Win 7. Runs the game great with all settings on low. I'm amazed it does so well.

2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
8 GB RAM (4 GM RAM with USB drive doing readyboost lol)
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB

SovereignConvict
03.12.2014 , 12:15 PM | #516
I'm running Windows 8.1 through Bootcamp on my late 2013 15" MacBook Pro.

The game boots up fine, and with some craftiness, I can get in the game. So it seems to be fine except for one issue.

Most of the screen space reverts my cursor back to being the "desktop cursor," so whenever I click on anything, it minimizes the game.

It's really weird. I only get the SWTOR cursor when I'm running it along the outside border of the screen space. Anything in the... let's say, "central 90% of the screen" makes it appear as a low resolution, big white Windows cursor.

Anyone have this issue or know how I can fix it? Is it just some kind of strange resolution change problem?

Anyway, thanks for any info on this.

hhhhh
03.20.2014 , 06:05 AM | #517
could I play SWOTOR on a 13inch macbook pro intel 4000 HD 1024MB graphics and 4GB MHz DDR3 alone with no other games on medium to medium high? If so then I'm HAPPY!!!!