Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Magenta Adegan Crystals (for Magenta Lightsaber)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Magenta Adegan Crystals (for Magenta Lightsaber)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Twiistaa
01.05.2012 , 01:36 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Khadroth View Post
Also to me this screams that it's in a hard to reach place yet out in the world like the white node is. Otherwise he'd have just told us it dropped from a boss as the challenge then would be in getting to and killing said boss and getting it to drop. The distinct lack of info here seems to hint that if he told you anything, it would spoil the challenge.

Time to bust out our collective maps, compasses, and backpacks guys. We've got exploring to do.
I'm thinking it has something to do with Ilum, since the magenta crystal has "adegan" in its name, and thats the planet where all the adegan stuff comes from.
Is there a world boss on Ilum or anything?
Zypherr - Marauder
Aliy - Sentinel
Beta: Aliy (Revan), Starkiller (HK-47/The Leviathan)

pangwl
01.05.2012 , 01:37 PM | #62
They should just plant more 'Champion' to guard those Lootbox(s); is that so hard to think of?
Arradan | Jedi Sentinel | Republic Centurion

Khadroth
01.05.2012 , 01:42 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by pangwl View Post
They should just plant more 'Champion' to guard those Lootbox(s); is that so hard to think of?
If it were from the Ilum loot boxes it wouldn't be rare at all. I guarantee I'm not the only one who hits those things multiple times while doing dailies. Not to mention they'd be litered all over the GTN from all the bot gold farmers from before they got banned.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin

gapeman
01.05.2012 , 02:55 PM | #64
It does exists, seeing i have it =]

Ill give u a hint, it takes a group 8+ lvl 49+. Rare drop got it first kill.

Gl fun searching!

ZeroEdgeir
01.05.2012 , 02:57 PM | #65
I'm still wondering why Purple, Cyan, and (seemingly) White have no way to be crafted. Magenta, I've seen the schematics. Orange is trainer taught at skill 400. I know it was a totally different thread, on the availability of a few colours, but it is a matter that has yet to been addressed in any way, shape, or form, and is somewhat relevant here, too, since they all seem to be mysteries too (Black-Blue and Black-Red too, I suppose).

GamewizX
01.05.2012 , 03:21 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Khadroth View Post
Also to me this screams that it's in a hard to reach place yet out in the world like the white node is. Otherwise he'd have just told us it dropped from a boss as the challenge then would be in getting to and killing said boss and getting it to drop. The distinct lack of info here seems to hint that if he told you anything, it would spoil the challenge.

Time to bust out our collective maps, compasses, and backpacks guys. We've got exploring to do.
That's the one downside to lack of addons... all those databases out there suck right now lol!
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

GamewizX
01.05.2012 , 03:22 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Twiistaa View Post
I'm thinking it has something to do with Ilum, since the magenta crystal has "adegan" in its name, and thats the planet where all the adegan stuff comes from.
Is there a world boss on Ilum or anything?
It'd make sense that the planet that produces quality lightsaber crystals would have some of the most rare...
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

CriticalMasses
01.05.2012 , 03:42 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
The Magenta Crystal does in fact exist, but it is not acquired through Reverse Engineering. At the present time, it could be classified as one of the rarest items in the game.

While I am not going to give any more information on how, where or from whom it may be acquired, I want to debunk the idea that you have to reverse engineer endgame gear to get it so people don't do stuff they regret.
This is so wrong on so many levels.
Dear Bioware, my Birthday is in March > I'd like to see Purple, Gold, and Teal crystals obtainable by all players and the four major play styles by then. The four major play styles are CRAFTING, SOLO, RAID, and PVP.

Delnoir
01.05.2012 , 03:45 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by gapeman View Post
It does exists, seeing i have it =]

Ill give u a hint, it takes a group 8+ lvl 49+. Rare drop got it first kill.

Gl fun searching!
While I myself am not skeptical of your statement, would you mind providing photographic evidence of owning it? Ideally the mod menu of your lightsaber?
The Bounty Hunter's Code
If you must follow one, let it be this:
Capture By Design, Kill By Necessity

Twiistaa
01.05.2012 , 03:59 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Delnoir View Post
While I myself am not skeptical of your statement, would you mind providing photographic evidence of owning it? Ideally the mod menu of your lightsaber?
I would like that as well (also if you can take a SS of what the saber looks like that would be great!)

From his hints, I'm guessing a world boss or operation/hardmode FP? Is there, say, a hardmode version of the Ilum FPs?
Zypherr - Marauder
Aliy - Sentinel
Beta: Aliy (Revan), Starkiller (HK-47/The Leviathan)