Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Surge and Tank Gear

shaneledford
01.02.2012 , 01:38 PM | #11
Ya sorry meant Juggs/Guards. Just came from the Juggernaut only forum lol

artilleryshell
01.03.2012 , 01:09 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Cranberries View Post
Adds to the critical multiplier.

It's pointless for tanks.
Unless they are shadows. Particle acceleration gurantees every project will crit. (if working optimal rotation)

If by some odd reason you wanted a secondary stat dedicated to threat as a shadow, i'd think surge would work quite well.
Yes, its a dress, now shut up, sit down, and watch me tank this boss. - artilleryshell
You know we don't have eyes, so what's behind the veil?
A beard. - Atasama

AxeX
01.03.2012 , 08:16 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by artilleryshell View Post
Unless they are shadows. Particle acceleration gurantees every project will crit. (if working optimal rotation)

If by some odd reason you wanted a secondary stat dedicated to threat as a shadow, i'd think surge would work quite well.
I've sometimes, as a Shadow tank, gone through several fights without ever seeing Particle Acceleration proc. I find the talent, and surge, useless.
Kemira - Level 50 Miraluka Jedi Shadow Tank Ashonde - Level 50 Chiss Powertech Tank
Kel'nera - Level 50 Twi'lek Sith Sorcerer DPS Epick - Level 50 Sith Pureblood Juggernaut DPS

artilleryshell
01.03.2012 , 11:20 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AxeX View Post
I've sometimes, as a Shadow tank, gone through several fights without ever seeing Particle Acceleration proc. I find the talent, and surge, useless.
You find particle acceleratoin useless?

I'm sorry that random number generator isnt nice to you every fight, but this talent is pretty much a central key to the rotation.
Yes, its a dress, now shut up, sit down, and watch me tank this boss. - artilleryshell
You know we don't have eyes, so what's behind the veil?
A beard. - Atasama

Cathcart
01.04.2012 , 12:47 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AxeX View Post
You are doing something wrong.

Particle Acceleration has a 50% chance to proc off of Whirling Blow and Double Strike. WB is obviously situational but you're either not looking for the PA buff or you're not using DS enough. DS should be in pretty heavy rotation. There is no way you go through several fights without seeing PA.