Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why does everyone hate the prequals????

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Why does everyone hate the prequals????

dcgregorya
02.13.2012 , 03:12 AM | #691
1) The lines of dialogue were literally painful.
2) It was targeted at 5 year old viewers.
3) None of the characters were memorable or even likable by themselves.
4) Watch plinkett's reviews.

Inamortus
02.13.2012 , 07:20 AM | #692
Quote: Originally Posted by Xeroking View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

Watch all of those. They will make you hate George Lucas, for GOOOOOD reason.
I thought the prequals were ok, but after watching this, he has a huge point. Plus it was pretty hilarious, especially when he discusses 'why they shouldn't split up'.

gibmachine
02.13.2012 , 07:59 AM | #693
Quote: Originally Posted by sfatmedic View Post
First off the only one that was remotely decent was episode III. If i had to i could sum it up with a few things. 1. Jar Jar and the gungans. 2. Very childish compared to the originals. 3. Lucas got the bright idea to remaster the old ones. 4. Darth vaders garbage NOOOOOO scream. and the list could go on........Having said that episode I best part darth maul final fight scene, episode II Clone vs Droid battle, episode III vader vs. obi wan.
I could stomach the NOOOOOOOOO if instead of coming off as QQ, it looked more like he went into psychotic rage and virtually demolished everything around him, even trying to choke Palpatine (like in the novel iirc). Transformation into heartless butcher would be that much more believable.
The earth begins to rumble and your foes begin to tremble. You come and destruction comes with you.

Draanok

reaperkeepet
02.13.2012 , 03:13 PM | #694
I watched Ep 1 in 3D and it was horrible. Most of these comments explain why. Hopefully 2&3 will be better. Mostly because they were'nt targeted at 2 yearold. Then target of target so the parents will be begged to see them only to /facepalm at them. -_-
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth Baras
The cake is a lie, there is only pie, through pie I gain calories, through calories I gain fat, through fat my belt is broken, the recliner shal free me...