Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why does everyone hate the prequals????

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Why does everyone hate the prequals????

Hidalgo
12.31.2011 , 08:46 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Vecke View Post
"But I was going into Toche station and pick up some power converters!"

"Looks like I'm going nowhere!"

"What a piece of junk!"

"I thought you said this thing was fast!"
That's only the first movie, Hayden Christianson gets more whiny as the movies progress.
I used to play on Sunrunner, but then ... now i play on Prophecy of the Five.
SAIL!
Prophecy of The five Forums
Blame it on my A.D.D. baby...

Vecke
12.31.2011 , 08:51 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Hidalgo View Post
That's only the first movie, Hayden Christianson gets more whiny as the movies progress.
"Stop that! That's my dinner!"

"I'm stuck in this slimy mudhole!"

"I don't know why I can't see Yoda now!"

"I don't know what I'm doing here!"

"I am ready! Ben, tell him I'm ready!"

"That's not true! That's impossible!"

I guess I'm being a little snarky here. My apologies. I'm just pointing out that - in my very humble opinion - in the whiny brat war, Luke wins, hands down.

Vecke
12.31.2011 , 08:55 PM | #23
A little follow up here, I agree Anakin was a whiny punk for much of the prequels. I just happen to think it fits pretty well.

Doomminion
12.31.2011 , 09:40 PM | #24
Darth Maul did come back and he took on vader.The only way vader was able to beat him was stabbing himself in the stomach and killing maul for good again.Which after hearing bout this means that vader was not as powerful as palpatine made it out to be.

_Miranda_
12.31.2011 , 09:52 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
what's the plot of The Phantom Menace?
Also, who is the main character?
~~>Ceridwen<~~
Republic Centurions
An LGBT friendly roleplaying Guild!

Macheath
12.31.2011 , 10:05 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Vecke View Post
"Stop that! That's my dinner!"

"I'm stuck in this slimy mudhole!"

"I don't know why I can't see Yoda now!"

"I don't know what I'm doing here!"

"I am ready! Ben, tell him I'm ready!"

"That's not true! That's impossible!"

I guess I'm being a little snarky here. My apologies. I'm just pointing out that - in my very humble opinion - in the whiny brat war, Luke wins, hands down.
Mark Hamill was a better actor. I don't care how whiny their characters are, or were supposed to be. Hayden is NOT a good actor, and that extends to every movie I've ever had the displeasure of seeing him in. The problem with Anakin Skywalker was 1/3rd poor writing, 2/3rds Hayden Christensen.

-Macheath.
Remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Hockaday
12.31.2011 , 10:12 PM | #27
All I have to say is, Midichlorians = awesome. I think it is more the hippy types who hate it...who want the force to be some kind of zen enlightenment bs.
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
Nerf Hungering! It's too OP.=Bartle Test Results:= CE VIP
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}

reaperkeepet
12.31.2011 , 10:39 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Hockaday View Post
All I have to say is, Midichlorians = awesome. I think it is more the hippy types who hate it...who want the force to be some kind of zen enlightenment bs.
I also dont see why people hate the medicholrians idea. :confued: It makes more sense than anything tbh.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth Baras
The cake is a lie, there is only pie, through pie I gain calories, through calories I gain fat, through fat my belt is broken, the recliner shal free me...

DarkMorlin
12.31.2011 , 10:44 PM | #29
The prequels were good. They could have been EPIC. There are three primary reasons for their to live up to their potential.

1 ) The focus on GCI over plot. One fifth of the movie concerned the romance between Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen. NO Chemistry at all. Total waste of time.

2 ) Bad casting. BAD casting. Except for Ian McKellan (should have got an oscar) and Ewan Macgregor. Hayden Christenson?!?!!?. He ruined Vader for me. As the previous poster said, he went from galactic class bad guy to whiny kid with mommy issues.

3 ) Bad Directing. Empire is widely regarded as the best Star Wars movie, because it
combined Lucas's epic vision with the world class director Lawrence Kasdan (probably the most underrated director in movies). Lucas just isn't a Hollywood class director. He is a visionary, but his talent ends there. He lacks the insight to be able to understand the motivations of all the different characters involved in the series, beyond thier general objectives.

That being said I enjoyed the movies both old and new, I don't think anyone hates the prequels, they are just frustrated that they missed their potential.

xnoxiousx
12.31.2011 , 11:45 PM | #30
Episode 1 is by far worst out of all episodes.

Episode 2 is good

Episode 3 imo restored the series and redeemed it to level of first movies.