Lower Robe of The Insight

Nic-V

I'm a level 33 Sith Sorcerer and while I got the orange Robe of The Insight from The Prophet of Vodal Kressh in the Athiss flashpoint I have yet to find the lower part of the set in an orange version. Does anyone know where it drops or how to get it?

Thank you! I tried doing the Athiss flashpoint and I've gone through it about 10 times now and found pretty much two of anything in it, yet I still haven't found the lower robe. It seems logical it would drop there, as many other pieces of the armor do, but can anyone confirm it actually drops there?

I also am desperately looking for this item piece. I've been running Athiss trying to find it for just over 7 hours now. (Between semesters, not much else to do while leveling treasure hunting) with no luck at all. I've gotten at least 3 or 4 of everything else, but not 1 set of the leg armor. Could someone, ANYONE! Please please confirm the drop location for these pants? Edited by Sithelynne

By my thread-necromancy powers!!!

I have seen these things drop in the raid, and got out-rolled for them (CURSES!) but never have I seen them again. I've run the instance 8 times now, with my 32 inquisitor. Maybe I'm too high for them to drop anymore or somethign asanine like that? I don't know but I want them!

Anyone have any more advice?

I've run Athiss now over 40 times... still no legs.... gotten pretty much everything else on the loot list tho.... still trying... glad to know they at least exist...

It's become an obsession, I will complete the look one day! (p.s. please god drop I'm so tired of this zone....)

Edited by Vicarus

From my experiences thus far:

Zone Drops in Athiss only come from Lieutenants (Silver-difficulty mobs).

Silvers have a lower chance of dropping them than golds would, but there are no golds in Athiss. Thus there's already a low chance of getting a zone drop.

Lower Robes of the Insight are (at best) 1/4 of those rare zone drops, so 25% chance of say, a 5% drop rate.

Short answer: They're a PITA to get.

There are alternatives:

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/2/subcatg/1/slot/13/name/engineer

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/2/subcatg/1/slot/13/name/Synthsilk%20Legwraps

Not ideal, but they match (location info is outdated from beta, so not sure where to find them anyways).

Good luck and godspeed, you'll need it.

Thanks. I _have_ the blue gear version. I am hoping to find the orange ones before I completely outlevel them (on Alderaan now, despite being in my 30s, so tehy're about the same as the average blue gear from quests still). I guess it's not like PvE is hard. I can always stick with my level 27 blue skirt until I replace it with PvP gear at 50, LOL!

Anyway, thanks for the clarification on drops. Time to farm those silver mobs!

I have gotten orange drops from just the regular mobs in Athiss (specifically the moddable helm for the insight set).... still no legs... over 60 runs now.... so tired of this zone!

If there is a loot dance that works Bioware please tell me :)

Not sure which is worse.... no legs or that I've gotten the moddable helm 5 times.

Edited by Vicarus

I'm with Vicarus on this one. I've run through here 45 times now. Haven't seen them drop once. Seen every single other piece of loot drop. I've seen multiple drops of the same item several runs in a row. And twice I've seen the Headgear of the Insight drop 2 times in a single pull. I've run out of reasons to drag myself back in there and have just offered people quick runs, allowing them to keep any items or gear they find with the exception of the lower robe and it still hasn't dropped. Ticketed a GM yesterday about potential loot table issues when I was at about run 30 and haven't heard back. after another 15 runs today I've started losing hope. I'm really thinking it's a loot table/mob issue. Hopefully this gets patched if it's the case. If anything, not having them drop makes me want them more because of how rare they must be.

I'm just curious as to why someone would put this much effort into an item that would be obsolete in a few levels ?

I'm a new player, so perhaps I am not understanding this (my sorc is 33 I think), and I really don't think too much about gear, it gets outdated quickly enough anyway.

To me, running some flashpoint 10 times trying to score seems fruitless - you could use that energy to just level up in higher xp zones, and get better gear.

Of course, feel free to play the game that gives you the most excitement/fun - but I don't think Bioware really put a lot of effort into drop rates for mid level gear.

And - if you want the gear for aesthetic reason, and not stats, then my post is moot :)

But I've never really been one to care about a toon's "looks" - stats > all in my book, no matter how ugly.

I'm just curious as to why someone would put this much effort into an item that would be obsolete in a few levels ?

I'm a new player, so perhaps I am not understanding this (my sorc is 33 I think), and I really don't think too much about gear, it gets outdated quickly enough anyway.

To me, running some flashpoint 10 times trying to score seems fruitless - you could use that energy to just level up in higher xp zones, and get better gear.

Of course, feel free to play the game that gives you the most excitement/fun - but I don't think Bioware really put a lot of effort into drop rates for mid level gear.

And - if you want the gear for aesthetic reason, and not stats, then my post is moot :)

But I've never really been one to care about a toon's "looks" - stats > all in my book, no matter how ugly.

People want specific looks for their characters. These items we are talking about are "moddable". When you out level them, you simply put new mods in them and maintain the look.

Because my twilek can't wear hooded robes, I went with the Imperial Dancer/Slave Girl look.

I can see this, to a point. Things like Armor rating go up with higher level stuff I think, plus the mods you can make yourself (or buy from vendors) always seem to be a notch or 2 below the quality of the mods you get on drops. Granted armor rating for a sorc isn't the most important - but you are going to get hit sometimes :)

But, to each his own, as I said - I am still rocking an ugly face mask that makes my character speech very annoying because of the stats :)

I can see this, to a point. Things like Armor rating go up with higher level stuff I think, plus the mods you can make yourself (or buy from vendors) always seem to be a notch or 2 below the quality of the mods you get on drops. Granted armor rating for a sorc isn't the most important - but you are going to get hit sometimes :)

But, to each his own, as I said - I am still rocking an ugly face mask that makes my character speech very annoying because of the stats :)

While that may have been the case during beta, it is not the case now and that is the current intention. When you remove all mods from a moddable item, they are all the same. As for item drops that have higher level mods than what you're wearing? Just take them out and put it in your current armor and maintain your look.

Getting higher level mods in item drops depends on how well you keep up with your mod crafting and if you usually do quests above or below your level.

I hope no one is dumping the gear they liked the look of b/c they picked up raid gear from Operations with non-removable armorning/hilt mods, b/c Bioware have said they will add that feature later on so custom gear doesn't become obsolete at end-game.

My Twilek Assassin:

http://s556.photobucket.com/albums/ss2/jkcheng122/Downloads/?action=view&current=Screenshot_2012-01-14_01_35_51_446145.jpg

http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss2/jkcheng122/Downloads/Screenshot_2012-01-19_23_54_34_086481.jpg

Being an Orange-titled item (I wanna say Legendary but I played too much WoW) you can remove the mods and put new ones in. I'm level 49 (hopefully hitting 50 today) and I'm still rocking the matching chest to this lower robe. I've simply been upgrading it with mods I find in new gear/get from quest rewards/buy with commendations. It's easy and it's a great way to be able to keep the gear I like the look of.

I would really like to see some sort of official response to this issue. I put in a ticket and pretty much got "keep looking" as my response. I'm over 60 runs through Athiss now and still haven't found the Lower Robe of the Insight, nor have I seen anyone besides that one quest NPC on Voss with the robe (which made me want it twice as bad)

If anyone finds it, sees it drop, or happens to have it already, for the love of God post a screenshot so I don't lose my mind. Thanks in advance!

iv gotten those as a drop before, honestly cannot remember when. Was probably around level 20? I got em from a solo quest boss though most definitely because at the time my only flash-point was BT. Ironically sold them to vendor :/ lol

iv gotten those as a drop before, honestly cannot remember when. Was probably around level 20? I got em from a solo quest boss though most definitely because at the time my only flash-point was BT. Ironically sold them to vendor :/ lol

This doesn't help. At all.

Also, I'd like to update and say I still haven't found them.

I'm feeling this pain as well, though perhaps not as much as the rest of you because I want it for Kira. I've just started trying to farm for it, done 3 runs so far (4 if you count the original time I went) and have had no luck yet. Hopefully it will drop in a reasonable amount of time, but judging by the pages in this thread the chances are slim. Wish me luck!

I havent ran it as many times as the others either but I've been in there 27 times now and still no drop. At least when I go most the time I bring others with me from guild or trade so they get a run but it's getting frustrating. :( Would really like BioWare to say something about the drop in here.