Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Issue in The Esseles Flashpoint **spolier**

JediRaffa
12.31.2011 , 10:55 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by carnac_fett View Post
Put yourself in the shoes of your character.

What would your character do if that person in your group who made that dark-side decision just ran to the control panel and hit that button that killed all those people?

My character would probably smash him to unconsciousness with the butt of his rifle and turn him in to the authorities for trial and arrest.

However, since that's not an option and your groupmates are untouchable, the second-best course of action would be to leave the group. If the person making the decisions turns out to be a dark-side murderer, just get the heck out of there.

You can always start the flashpoint over with another group in order to have a 'canon' experience.
Yes I believe in your 1st 2 paragraphs you get exactly what I mean. I would not leave the group because of it though. I would see it through out of respect for the people I am playing with. But thanks for getting my point.

Kharik
12.31.2011 , 10:57 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JediRaffa View Post
Yes I believe in your 1st 2 paragraphs you get exactly what I mean. I would not leave the group because of it though. I would see it through out of respect for the people I am playing with. But thanks for getting my point.
I disagree with your issue but you seem to be an alright fella. Thanks for not ditching even though you're not getting exactly what you want.

JediRaffa
12.31.2011 , 10:57 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by carnac_fett View Post
Personally, I find that 90% of the players on Republic choose Light-side options and 90% of the players on Empire choose the Dark-side ones. So you won't be waiting long.

It's a lot more frustrating trying to see the dark-side stuff on Republic. It took me 8 or 9 runs of Esseles to see what happens when you make the two big dark-side decisions.
Yeah carnac, you are right about this. But I personally feel that if you want to see more DS, its probably best rolling a dark side character.

carnac_fett
12.31.2011 , 11:00 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by JediRaffa View Post
Yeah carnac, you are right about this. But I personally feel that if you want to see more DS, its probably best rolling a dark side character.
You can't roll a dark side character. Every character on both factions starts right in the middle between the two alignments. You roll either Republic or Empire, and then you choose whether to be Light or Dark.

As you progress through the game, you'll meet evil characters who are part of the Republic, and good characters who are part of the Empire.

There's a ton of content on the Republic side that can only be seen by a dark-side character, and it's the same for light-side characters on the Empire side.

It's totally valid to make a dark-side character on Republic and a light-side character on Empire.
Safeguard - Jedi Guardian - Harbinger (US)

Jesseria
12.31.2011 , 11:03 AM | #25
I was afraid a post like this would crop up. Look - most of my characters are light side. It is very difficult for me to roll a dark side character.
Spoiler
I LOVED the choices and even though I didn't have my way - the element of "What's Going to Happen Next?!" made the entire instance AMAZING!.

So - I really hope that BioWare doesn't listen to the minority here. This isn't about someone ruining you're game - its about giving everyone a fair shake at making decisions. I cannot tell you how many times I've been through Esseles trying to make the Dark Side decisions, and the three lightsiders I am with make it impossible for me to see the impact of my choices.

Spoiler

weapon_x
12.31.2011 , 11:04 AM | #26
They should change it so that all rolls are added together and the highest number wins. That way, if three people roll for LS and one for DS, it's pretty unlikely that the DS option would be done, even with the highest roll. If his roll is still higher than the three LS rolls combined, then he deserves it.

If the three rollers win, the one with the highest individual roll gets the 8 social points.
Veteran Bria player

Jesseria
12.31.2011 , 11:08 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by weapon_x View Post
They should change it so that all rolls are added together and the highest number wins. That way, if three people roll for LS and one for DS, it's pretty unlikely that the DS option would be done, even with the highest roll. If his roll is still higher than the three LS rolls combined, then he deserves it.

If the three rollers win, the one with the highest individual roll gets the 8 social points.
I disagree with this. If I'm a Lightside Empire player - I am in the Minority and the impacts of my choices will never be revealed in group content. If I'm a Darkside Republic player - I am in the Minority and the impacts of my choices will never be revealed in group content.

You experience NO penalties from someone else's choice being made. No one is ruining your gameplay. The system as it stands gives everyone a fair shake.

The unpredictability of this system is the reason why it is AMAZING! Please do not take that away.

carnac_fett
12.31.2011 , 11:10 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Jesseria View Post
I disagree with this. If I'm a Lightside Empire player - I am in the Minority and the impacts of my choices will never be revealed in group content. If I'm a Darkside Republic player - I am in the Minority and the impacts of my choices will never be revealed in group content.

You experience NO penalties from someone else's choice being made. No one is ruining your gameplay. The system as it stands gives everyone a fair shake.

The unpredictability of this system is the reason why it is AMAZING! Please do not take that away.
Agreed.

Poodoo happens. You can't always get your way.

Instead of hating on the dark-side person, try to enjoy all the different stuff that happens when the flashpoint goes down that darker path.

If it makes you feel better, you can take out your anger on the person after the flashpoint by dueling them.
Safeguard - Jedi Guardian - Harbinger (US)

Amharic
12.31.2011 , 11:21 AM | #29
OP, put yourself in the other person's shoes. Should they have to get dragged down your storyline instead?

Is it not just more fair to decide it with a roll of the dice?
Never leave home without it.

Thormart
12.31.2011 , 11:34 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by weapon_x View Post

If they did this it would SERIOUSLY piss me off. I win rarely enough as it is. remember it doesent only decide what action to take but WHO gets to perform said action
----------------------
Owner and manager of the stiff lekk'u. The official 10/4/2011 Beta thread bar of the TOR forums.
http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2003/01/29