Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Issue in The Esseles Flashpoint **spolier**

JediRaffa
12.31.2011 , 09:40 AM | #1
Hello,

I ran my smuggler through the Esseles for the first time with 2 other characters.

Spoiler

Now this has to be a complicated issue for Bioware to get around as you have many choices. But should players who chose to do one thing be dragged down a totally different choice against there wishes? Luckily my light and dark side were not affected, but astecially, I think this kind of takes away from the gameplay of players who make 1 choice and are being trumped due to a choice of another party member.

Anyone else experience this issue ? I'm sure this is going ot happen down the road in other flashpoints / heroics. What are your feelings about it?

Quaade
12.31.2011 , 09:48 AM | #2
Yes, this is what happens with the roll of dialogue, you can essentially become a paying extra in someone elses game.

AERHAE
12.31.2011 , 09:51 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JediRaffa View Post
Hello,

I ran my smuggler through the Esseles for the first time with 2 other characters. During some coversations (spolier) in particular the one in engineering where you could open the bridge via turning 3 things off or by simply flushing out the engineering crew through some kind of "reset".

Myself and 1 other party member chose to save the crew and the other guy chose to flush them out. Well, they were flushed out. So there storyline continues down this path and another moral choice is required about the ambassador whether to leave her behind or to save her from the imperials.

Again, myself and 1 other (same other guy) chose to save her and the other guy chose to leave her behind. Again, we were trumped and she was left behind.

So now back on the ship, we are strung along down this path against our will and now I have the title of Backstabber even though I did not choose this....

Now this has to be a complicated issue for Bioware to get around as you have many choices. But should players who chose to do one thing be dragged down a totally different choice against there wishes? Luckily my light and dark side were not affected, but astecially, I think this kind of takes away from the gameplay of players who make 1 choice and are being trumped due to a choice of another party member.

Anyone else experience this issue ? I'm sure this is going ot happen down the road in other flashpoints / heroics. What are your feelings about it?
Im going to have to agree with you on this.When two of you make the same choice an one makes the oppisite choice,the two choices should trump.
Im still trying to figure this system out.Seeing posts like this brings light to dark places.
Also this makes not want to group in this game and it also makes me not want to group for heroics.I dont like it when my destiny is in other peoples hands for future destination.Its kindof like rideing in a car with sombody,not driving the car yourself,which means you have put your destiny/life in sombody elses hands to make the right choices so you get from point A to point B safely.
Id rather be in control of my own desiny/future and choices related to that.
This is why we are seeing some people ask if this is really a MMO,or is this just a single player online game.
CE VIP

Thormart
12.31.2011 , 09:56 AM | #4
I have to disagree. the random element of thoose roll brings a whole lot more tension to the whole thing.
----------------------
Owner and manager of the stiff lekk'u. The official 10/4/2011 Beta thread bar of the TOR forums.
http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2003/01/29

AERHAE
12.31.2011 , 09:59 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Thormart View Post
I have to disagree. the random element of thoose roll brings a whole lot more tension to the whole thing.
Oh im sure it does.
Im just not into it.Its not entertaining for me.Its crapy choices that I dont want to be a part of.
CE VIP

Forkrul
12.31.2011 , 10:00 AM | #6
You still get your points based on your choice, but the actual conversation is dictated by who wins the conversation rolls and get to have their say. It is the fairest way of solving the issue when it comes to dialogue with multiple players.
< The Unnamed > - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Forkrul - Shadow

Thormart
12.31.2011 , 10:19 AM | #7
I guess we disagree then. im a dark side republic trooper making me a minority as far as alignement goes so when i twarth a bunch of goodie sissies plans it feels really satisxying. dealing with being twarthed yourself is all part of the fun.
----------------------
Owner and manager of the stiff lekk'u. The official 10/4/2011 Beta thread bar of the TOR forums.
http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2003/01/29

Kharik
12.31.2011 , 10:34 AM | #8
This is.. kind of.. I don't know. Sad?

You still got lightside points - and the majority of the time you run instances it's far more likely you'll be saving everyones lives and kissing every baby you come cross, don't worry.

Parali
12.31.2011 , 10:37 AM | #9
Hello there!

We ask that story discussions outside of the Spoilers forum be wrapped in spoiler tags. You may do this by putting
[spoiler] at the beginning of your text and [/spoiler] at the end! Your result will look like this:

Spoiler

We've edited the OP to put in spoiler tags. Thanks everyone!

Talahar
12.31.2011 , 10:43 AM | #10
I think this is fine, and actually enables you to see both directions of the story
without compromising yourself, since the flashpoints are repeatable.

And if it's such a problem for you, you could always just look for "LS/DS only" when building your flashpoint party.