Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Point of Ilum?

Gaidax
12.31.2011 , 09:27 AM | #11
Why fight if you can get much more rewards by working together? Common sense...
<=======35m of dead pixels====.===>
"You don't need to be a better shot - you just need to shoot more bullets!"

Zetara
12.31.2011 , 09:32 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
Why fight if you can get much more rewards by working together? Common sense...
Then those people are not PVPers. PVP is PVP, PVP is not working together with the opposite faction.I have 4 chars at the moment 1 at level 35, one at 25 and 2 in the teens because I am playing all classes and a republic char, when I hit 50 I will be PVPing. I won't be carebearing with members of the opposite faction to take objectives because that is not PVP and anybody doing this cannot claim to be a PVPer. I will be killing opposite faction players, such is PVP. If I wanted objectives I'd play a WZ and even then with my own team and not the opposite team.

I will bet you actual money, and give you 3 to 1 odds that within 2 months the population of Ilum expands dramatically and open world battles take place.

Talk about common sense.

Take 10 people and ask them to have a little stick fight, wow that looks boring.

Add in another 100 people and now ask them to have a stick fight, wow omg look at the big battle!!!

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt in game, after game, after game. It will happen, it is natural.
Quote: Originally Posted by DrekorSilverfang View Post
Burst class does burst damage.

More news at 11 including snipers shoot stuff with guns.
Apophis - Mercenary - Nightmare Lands.

Kellindell
12.31.2011 , 09:52 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jargonaut View Post
Actually it's our problem, these are the people we need to be there so that there are enough people to kill and Bioware have failed to make them want or need to stay.
This.

The only place the argument "its the players fault" works is in sandbox games, or games with RvR systems like DAOC.

The entire point of Illum is to draw people in for meaningful server based objective PvP.

If it fails to do so (no experience myself) that is a Developer problem.

Jargonaut
12.31.2011 , 10:28 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Zetara View Post
Then those people are not PVPers. PVP is PVP, PVP is not working together with the opposite faction.I have 4 chars at the moment 1 at level 35, one at 25 and 2 in the teens because I am playing all classes and a republic char, when I hit 50 I will be PVPing. I won't be carebearing with members of the opposite faction to take objectives because that is not PVP and anybody doing this cannot claim to be a PVPer. I will be killing opposite faction players, such is PVP. If I wanted objectives I'd play a WZ and even then with my own team and not the opposite team.

I will bet you actual money, and give you 3 to 1 odds that within 2 months the population of Ilum expands dramatically and open world battles take place.

Talk about common sense.

Take 10 people and ask them to have a little stick fight, wow that looks boring.

Add in another 100 people and now ask them to have a stick fight, wow omg look at the big battle!!!

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt in game, after game, after game. It will happen, it is natural.
At the moment we are at the 10 people stick fighting stage except the 10 people aren't stick fighting, they're trading objectives because it's apparently profitable than fighting. Maybe 100 people might make a difference but then again given that people who are trying to stop the trading are getting verbally abused by the traders it looks like there will be strong opposition to actually doing what's intended with the zone. The mechanic is not fit for purpose. Maybe there will be some "true pvpers" and some combat will happen but it's going to be less than it should be. Out of prime time hours you will get objective swapping.

Whether people can be called true pvpers or not is irrelevant. Expecting players to behave in a different way is a solution that won't happen. You can't get the players to do it differently. The only way to do that is make it so they can't trade and that's Biowares job.
Mcpodd Stomp, Ithilmar's Chosen, Vengeance Juggernaut.

GlobalMMO.com - MyToons