Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

O.M.G. Bioware. Just fix this first. Degree of angle on auto facing.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
O.M.G. Bioware. Just fix this first. Degree of angle on auto facing.

ShwagATK
12.31.2011 , 08:20 AM | #1
Melee PVP RELATED -

just please...please...please? pretty fkn please just fix the range leniency/degree of angle for melee chars with this auto facing garbage. i am absolutely SICK n tired of my skills not going off 90% of the time without getting carpal tunnels because the BRO im trying to use a skill on is LISTING LAZILY TO THE LEFT OF ME and its not "facing" him. i don't know how much more i need to face someone in order to get a skill off. increase the melee range / degree of angle of which "auto facing" is considered.

do you guys know how many characters have a sprint/dash in this game? a lot. add in latency that is horrendous at the moment and you got yourself a struggling melee character trying to get skills off.

look, i love the game thus far being a lvl 40 marauder ( which is already hard enough to deal with... ) but everytime i go into a warzone....i can't get half of my skills off the first 1-2 button presses unless their stunned. even then im like...uhhhhh how come -insert skill here- is not on CD? oh it never came out..-_________-.

tl;dr - auto facing is crap already, but for melee its causing us to literally have to be ON their face kissing them in order to do anything. fix...preeze....fast. kthxluvyew

Laerion
12.31.2011 , 08:40 AM | #2
Agree 100%

Aidank
12.31.2011 , 08:42 AM | #3
Do you turn with your mouse or your keyboard? I haven't really had any of the problems you're talking about and my connection isn't that good.

knarral
12.31.2011 , 08:44 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aidank View Post
Do you turn with your mouse or your keyboard? I haven't really had any of the problems you're talking about and my connection isn't that good.
probably his problem.
"She's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve Parsecs.
But isn't a parsec a unit of distance and not time?" (Blue Harvest, Family Guy)
The train, it's moving full speed ahead! Chuggachugga Chuggachugga Chuggachugga Chuggachugga CHOO CHOO!

Zeromentor
12.31.2011 , 08:49 AM | #5
My melee characters don't have this problem. What I am finding are the people trying to run around me in a circle tend to look away and land 0% of their attacks for a few seconds as they slowly realize they are looking the wrong way.

Is this your problem? Or is your ping above 100?
Ex-SWG player from 2005-2008.
RIP: Zeromentor, level 90 Bounty Hunter
RIP: Zerocyber, level 72 Spy.
Europe-Infinity Server. Now on Kinrath Spider.

neandramathal
12.31.2011 , 08:50 AM | #6
I'm not finding too many problems with facing in melee PVP, other than when players run inside each other (wtb collision detection).

My main issue with auto-facing in PvP is they said there would be none, but if you channel an attack it autoturns to face opponents, so those lightning/pebble spammers (not OP, just annoying) you think "aha, I'll get behind them for a quick shadow strike/to stop them casting" and it spins em to you.

When you said you get off 2 skills while they're stunned, I have opposite problem, I stun ppl and it says out of range, then the stun wears off and they appear where they actually stopped rather than where my client thought they were >.<

Zeromentor
12.31.2011 , 08:53 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by neandramathal View Post
I'm not finding too many problems with facing in melee PVP, other than when players run inside each other (wtb collision detection).

My main issue with auto-facing in PvP is they said there would be none, but if you channel an attack it autoturns to face opponents, so those lightning/pebble spammers (not OP, just annoying) you think "aha, I'll get behind them for a quick shadow strike/to stop them casting" and it spins em to you.

When you said you get off 2 skills while they're stunned, I have opposite problem, I stun ppl and it says out of range, then the stun wears off and they appear where they actually stopped rather than where my client thought they were >.<
I think they did that so channeling wouldn't be useless, otherwise you'd just charge/storm/leap to them and walk through them. No damage, wasted resources, and you can repeat Ad Naseum.

neandramathal
12.31.2011 , 09:00 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeromentor View Post
I think they did that so channeling wouldn't be useless, otherwise you'd just charge/storm/leap to them and walk through them. No damage, wasted resources, and you can repeat Ad Naseum.
I can understand SOME degree of auto-turning during channel (and ofc, you are capable of self turning during the duration too - unlike master strike) but say a sage that just spams telekentic throw vs an assassin, the assassin will NEVER be able to get behind him due to the perma-turning.

Zeromentor
12.31.2011 , 09:01 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by neandramathal View Post
I can understand SOME degree of auto-turning during channel (and ofc, you are capable of self turning during the duration too - unlike master strike) but say a sage that just spams telekentic throw vs an assassin, the assassin will NEVER be able to get behind him due to the perma-turning.
The problem with that example is that the assassin should not have been closing the gap outside of stealth. See what I did there?

neandramathal
12.31.2011 , 09:07 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeromentor View Post
The problem with that example is that the assassin should not have been closing the gap outside of stealth. See what I did there?
Well DUH :P

Once the fight begins, sage knocks back, turns to face, starts spamming throw. See what I did there?

The idea of strafing round behind someone with ANY class, melee primarily (so not just assassins, but also Marauders/Sentinels) is to break LoS, that's hard.

It's not a gamebreaking issue, but a frustration. There are far more important things currently.