Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should Biochem get a nerf or should others get a buff?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Should Biochem get a nerf or should others get a buff?

Sotof
12.31.2011 , 07:45 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TapVallian View Post
From what I've seen the purple stuff isn't the best stuff, its just reusable. I prefer the blue ones I've made so far.
That's what I meant. It must be usable by others than Biochems if it to not be removed else any tank with a sense for economy would go for Biochem. That does not make a sustainable economy.
My name is not Bob.

sneakybovine
12.31.2011 , 07:53 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Sotof View Post
Biochem would have exactly as much use as other professions, which is balance. You would have a usual flow of new 50s that need the reusable items, just like armormechs have one for people that needs purples when turning 50.

I do think that professions need something else to sell regularly, but the reusable items are simply too powerful to be allowed for biochem only - all tanks (if they had a sense for economy) would go biochem, hell I am considering to do it with both my tanks even if my DPS is the one with biochem right now.

To solve the problem with not having anything sustainable to sell, maybe create an ability to add augment slots to gear for their respective professions (and to that of others)? That would be nice. Then an armormech for example would be able to add augment slots (for a cost) to feet, legs, chest, belt, head and gloves, while other professions would be able to add it to whatever they are able to make.

Also I stole your avatar!
Yes I fell if they added the augment thing that would help, but like you said biochem is op with the re useable items and with that biochem is the only thing worth getting.

Also its ok that you stole my avatar I <3 jawas so the more the better!
At first I was like but then I

Sotof
12.31.2011 , 07:58 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by sneakybovine View Post
Yes I fell if they added the augment thing that would help, but like you said biochem is op with the re useable items and with that biochem is the only thing worth getting.

Also its ok that you stole my avatar I <3 jawas so the more the better!
It's the only thing worth getting, but also what makes it so imbalanced sadly. It needs to be adjusted. If you can sell the reusable items it still makes Biochem worth getting, and it removes the need to nerf it further.

Also I agree. Jawas are the best!
My name is not Bob.