Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slicing Nerf - My servers GTN prices went through the roof.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Slicing Nerf - My servers GTN prices went through the roof.

Mangloid
12.31.2011 , 06:46 AM | #1
Before the nerf Mats costs were somewhat high, nothing terrible. People would get unlocks, and the purple gear was selling for 10K a piece in the 20-30s range. I was selling purple as low as 5K. Figured why not, gear out everyone on the cheap. I sold TONS of crafted gear.

After the slicing nerf, people need now a way to make money, so the prices on everything went through the roof. Mats are insane cost. Single pieces of purple crafted I see go anywhere from 20-40K in the same level range.

It doesn't help either they messed with Reverse engineer chances. I can tell the difference. It just took me over 14 hours game time to get one single purple unlock. I realized after that its not worth It. I checked the GTN - and I think other people are realizing it too. The amount of crafted gear on the GTN took a huge dive.

I don't know one way or the other about slicing, and I'm no economist. But, I know it royally screwed over my servers economy within just a matter of days. Also, crafting while leveling is just a waste of time to try for purples. You'll out level the damn item before you unlock it.

The slicing nerf doesn't really get to me. The ninja nerf to reverse engineering does though.

Donger
12.31.2011 , 06:52 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Mangloid View Post
Before the nerf Mats costs were somewhat high, nothing terrible. People would get unlocks, and the purple gear was selling for 10K a piece in the 20-30s range. I was selling purple as low as 5K. Figured why not, gear out everyone on the cheap. I sold TONS of crafted gear.

After the slicing nerf, people need now a way to make money, so the prices on everything went through the roof. Mats are insane cost. Single pieces of purple crafted I see go anywhere from 20-40K in the same level range.

It doesn't help either they messed with Reverse engineer chances. I can tell the difference. It just took me over 14 hours game time to get one single purple unlock. I realized after that its not worth It. I checked the GTN - and I think other people are realizing it too. The amount of crafted gear on the GTN took a huge dive.

I don't know one way or the other about slicing, and I'm no economist. But, I know it royally screwed over my servers economy within just a matter of days. Also, crafting while leveling is just a waste of time to try for purples. You'll out level the damn item before you unlock it.
Queue up the usual

"OMG!!! You want it all handled to you like a big baby!!! Game is fine QQ more"

Or the equally famous

"I studied economics in 11 countries, market is fine L2profit."

My mail box that used to have 20-30 item sold emails when i woke up, now is just full of my crap that won't sell. On a positive not, the Empire NPCs should be getting some sweet cheap gear with the amount of items I am vendoring

Mangloid
12.31.2011 , 06:57 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Queue up the usual

"OMG!!! You want it all handled to you like a big baby!!! Game is fine QQ more"

Or the equally famous

"I studied economics in 11 countries, market is fine L2profit."

My mail box that used to have 20-30 item sold emails when i woke up, now is just full of my crap that won't sell. On a positive not, the Empire NPCs should be getting some sweet cheap gear with the amount of items I am vendoring
I know, I don't even know why I am posting.