Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just copy Dark Age of Camelot RVR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Just copy Dark Age of Camelot RVR

Shadanwolf
12.31.2011 , 06:16 AM | #11
Good point made. Being an implementer and not a decision maker who really understands the genius behind a 10 year old game that refuses to die is worth noting.

Shadanwolf
12.31.2011 , 06:21 AM | #12
Most people think of PVP as just FFA. Heck I knew the realm vs realm game play in SWTOR today is simply awful . I'm betting they will get it right..or I'll be moving on as soon as someone does....and there are a number of games who seem to truly understand(which I will not mention).

SeloDaoC
12.31.2011 , 06:53 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadanwolf View Post
I played DAOC on and off for 10 years.My wife still plays almost every day.The game has a fantastic system.Unfortunately Jacobs demanded every designer be lobotomized before the design of WAR.
Aswell as as "firing" matt frior, one of the best main guys. Mark Jacobs doesnt even like PvP

SeloDaoC
12.31.2011 , 06:54 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadanwolf View Post
Most people think of PVP as just FFA. Heck I knew the realm vs realm game play in SWTOR today is simply awful . I'm betting they will get it right..or I'll be moving on as soon as someone does....and there are a number of games who seem to truly understand(which I will not mention).
Most "new" mmo players think of PvP as "girefing" kind of open world pvp beeing played out in the PvE areas aka constant pvp flagged.

They havent experianced good pvp games liek daoc and only have wow to go on

good PvP wont work in SWtoR since you need 3 sides for that, any pvp without 3 sides just becomes a farming for one side which quickly becomes dull.

heck even in warhammer, with only 2 sides, it was not about fighting your enemy, it was about avoiding them

Shadanwolf
12.31.2011 , 09:36 AM | #15
First you should have not allowed cross realming .....DUHH. That stops people switching realms on the same server and joining the strong realm.(you this is soo stupid ..us "civilians" having to tell the "professionals" how to do RVR)