Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alternate Purchase Locations

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Alternate Purchase Locations

FailureOne
12.13.2011 , 07:07 PM | #1
just wondering if anyone has any information (pref a SWTOR rep plz) as to the legality of alternate sites selling CD keys, sites such as http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com

have a friend who passed me on a link and due to my location they look very inviting as opposed to waiting till the end of the month to play

however i do feel like they are less than legit hence my post

please only on topic posts and links where appropriate if it has been mentioned eleswhere

FailureOne
12.13.2011 , 07:17 PM | #2
/bump

would love to see some info on this =D

StarKiwi
12.13.2011 , 07:20 PM | #3
Bumping every 10 minutes isn't going to help. CJS get their keys from game wholsalers in Europe, and they then scan the key and get it to you.

Ahebish
12.13.2011 , 07:20 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by FailureOne View Post
just wondering if anyone has any information (pref a SWTOR rep plz) as to the legality of alternate sites selling CD keys, sites such as http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com

have a friend who passed me on a link and due to my location they look very inviting as opposed to waiting till the end of the month to play

however i do feel like they are less than legit hence my post

please only on topic posts and links where appropriate if it has been mentioned eleswhere
If you didn't pay for it

It's illegal

I don't doubt this thread will get locked and deleted

Ahebish
12.13.2011 , 07:21 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by StarKiwi View Post
Bumping every 10 minutes isn't going to help. CJS get their keys from game wholsalers in Europe, and they then scan the key and get it to you.
There are international laws against this which still make it illegal

FYI

Especially considering the developing companies and partners are U.S. Based businesses

Which means they can if they want to enforce international law.

FailureOne
12.13.2011 , 07:24 PM | #6
was more concerned as to legality due to some of these sites using stolen keys

Quote: Originally Posted by StarKiwi View Post
i sure hope so but with the recent information from amazon i may keep my order with them if it means i will get it sooner than the end of the month =D

thanks

EDIT: Link to Amazon Update
Pre-Order UPDATE