Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Extremely low crit chance with Treasure Hunting

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Extremely low crit chance with Treasure Hunting

SoltanusFoo
12.31.2011 , 01:15 AM | #1
I was wondering if anyone else was having an issue with Treasure Hunting crit successes for gemstones past rank 1.

For me I received quite a few Wind Crystals, the rank 1 Artifact quality gemstone when leveling up through the first tier of Treasure Hunting. Rank 2, I got over 200 of the prototype quality gemstones, yet never got any of the artifact quality ones. I finally got some when a guildie gave me an epic quality mission for TH from slicing.

Rank 3, 4, 5 and 6 have been pretty much exactly the same way. I'd have a couple of hundred of the prototype quality gemstones, and at most 4 or so of the artifact quality ones. I often tried to use Kira because I had a high affection with her, and she supposedly has a higher crit chance for TH missions. I don't think she ever brought me back a crit success. I think every crit success I managed to get came via the ship's crafting droid.

By comparison, my Sith Inquisitor so far has at least a dozen each of the rank 1 and 2 artifact quality fabrics and metals from Underworld Trading and he's only up to around 100-120 skill.

I understand luck, but this seems much less like luck and more like something wonky in the crit success chances.

Also, on an unrelated note, has anyone ever managed to have a rank 6 Archeology mission of Bountiful or Rich that didn't require a Slicing Mission unlock? I ran several dozen tonight while running missions, and I never saw anything but Moderate and Abundant. I'd swear it was the same 5 ones over and over, too.
Soltanus Foo
ex-Weaponsmith of Tarquinas
Future glowy sword wielder of somewhere else

SoltanusFoo
12.31.2011 , 09:31 AM | #2
I realized that I forgot to mention, most of these missions were run at Rich or Bountiful. I tend to keep doing Bountiful and Rich of an older tier until they unlock for the higher tier. So it's not as if I was running nothing but Moderate missions.
Soltanus Foo

SoltanusFoo
01.01.2012 , 08:01 PM | #3
So is it just me wit this problem, or are there no other Treasure Hunters out there?

And has anyone ever gotten anything higher than abundant as a mission type for Archeology at 400 skill level that didn't involve using mission unlock items?
Soltanus Foo

JefferyClark
01.01.2012 , 08:21 PM | #4
No, I have issues with Treasure Hunting period. Not enough rewards for the cost (especially with the failure rate). Not enough crit chance (haven't gotten 1 purple quality ever).

Tekniko
01.01.2012 , 08:25 PM | #5
Technically you could play SWTOR for 10 years and not get a single epic. On the other hand you could only get epics every single time. Its just a matter of chance, so keep trying and dont give up.
Let's Play: The Old Republic! As a Jedi Guardian or a Sith Sorcerer!