Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What crew skills will your BH have?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
What crew skills will your BH have?

Liljekrantz
12.13.2011 , 07:05 PM | #1
Well the title says it all, what's your crew skills gonna be and why?

Lumikumi
12.13.2011 , 08:02 PM | #2
I for one, will be taking ArmorTech, along with Scavenging and Underworld Trading. I like to be able craft most of my own armor

Galamond
12.13.2011 , 08:26 PM | #3
I am considering skipping the whole crafting thing until 50. So with that in mind I just might go...

Slicing=Easy Money

Bioanalysis=Vendor gatherings for money.

Treasure Hunting=Send idle companions for gifts for themselves (which I find very funny) and send them for treasure too.

This way I can focus on leveling and the story. I can get my companions affection very high. The only one I am not sure about in bioanalysis. Which gathering skill will be best for vendoring?

Ifandbut
12.13.2011 , 08:32 PM | #4
Was planing Armortech just because I always like being able to make my own (useful) armor in MMOs but after reading some more about Cybertech I am thinking about that instead. From what I read Cybertech sounds like Engineering from WoW in that it has some cool tricks and it's own BoP mounts. Cybertech will also fit my character with being a Cyborg and all.

Slizzik
12.13.2011 , 08:34 PM | #5
Scavenging the art of recovering useful materials and parts from old or damaged technology
Im going to be destroying alot as a Powertech so being able to take something from something will be more gain for me.

As for #2 im torn.
Armstech the skill of constructing blasters, blaster rifles and upgrades
OR
Cybertech the technical expertise to construct gadgets and components for Droids and high-tech armors
Being a powertech your all about gadgets... So being able to Upgrade such gadgets and make better blaster pistols is gain for me but so is constructing more and better gadgets... i guess i will have to decide later on

Underworld Trading expertise in the trading of illegal goods and services

"The best way to gain money... is to trade money"
This is a quote from the game "The Bounty Hunter" and its stuck with me ever since...
im guessing Illegal goods and services will be quite frequent otherwise they wouldn't have an option to increase your expertise in them...
And everyone knows how annoying it is when the best/most op stuff is available only to the bad guys on the bad side "illegal on the sith sounds dodgey" but still
This way i will get More money from Killing/Destroying stuff with better Weapons/Gadgets then i can trade them for MORE money on illegal market "
-
At An End Your Rule Is... And Not Short Enough It Was!
I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe.

Rikalonius
12.13.2011 , 11:33 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Liljekrantz View Post
Well the title says it all, what's your crew skills gonna be and why?
Armormech, Scavanging, Underworld trading.

weedmasta
12.14.2011 , 12:07 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rikalonius View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Rikalonius View Post
This choice will be probably the most viable one if you want to craft items because you wear more items of armor than anything else. Plus if you are in a guild you can always partner up with fellow BH's to cover Armstech, Cybertech and Armortech

Erathiel
12.14.2011 , 12:30 AM | #8
Armstech (for better weapon etc.) + Scavenging (parts and stuff) + Treasure hunting (but thinking about change last one into Underworld Trading as dont know which one is better for get some money too)
Sith Code
Peace is a lie There is only passion, Through passion I gain strength,
Through strength I gain power, Through power I gain victory,
Through victory my chains are broken, The Force shall set me free

TheBigBadGRIM
12.14.2011 , 12:37 AM | #9
Armortech seems like the logical choice considering all the items you'll be able to craft for you and your companions. However, I think it's just going to feel like a long boring grind to get all that gear and in the end...........it's just improved stats.

I'm interested in Cybertech because I can make a few +stat items, PLUS grenades, PLUS a speederbike mount.

Faolon
12.14.2011 , 12:43 AM | #10
I went with Cybertech.
Which means I also went with Scavenging and Underworld Trading.

I figure I can find a good set of moddable gear and just upgrade the crap out of it as I level up.
Also, grenades.
"I will show you things... wonderful, terrible things."