Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Started a Slicing experiment, seems fine so far.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Started a Slicing experiment, seems fine so far.

Enderfalls
12.31.2011 , 12:23 AM | #1
So I like most have a skill 400 slicer, however I wanted to see how the new slicing did while leveling up again. I made an alt and am keeping track of everything. While I agree that Rich missions are horrible, the numbers from slicing are still pretty good at least for Drumond Kass, I am headed for balmora now and will continue to post information if anyone is interested.

Drumond Kass had a 24.11% increase in money earned during normal questing on that planet. That is a huge amount, I am interested in seeing if other planets stay around the same.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Gc4NjJ6WWVIZFE

Ewokinator
12.31.2011 , 12:33 AM | #2
What do you mean the numbers from Dromund Kaas? I am under the assumption that missions do not differ depending on what planet you on. Unless you mean the world resources that you can open with slicing. Those are obviously 100% profit since it costs nothing to open them
Krayt Dragon server
Blisk - Jedi Sage

Enderfalls
12.31.2011 , 12:36 AM | #3
I am measuring money earned from slicing on each planet as I level up. That is to say That I am running missions and opening world boxes and cataloging this data to show how much slicing increases your base money by.

So with that in mind I would have had a lot less money in proportion to what I would have made without slicing on DK.

Viikuna
12.31.2011 , 12:58 AM | #4
You do know it's all random what type of lockbox you get, and then again all random how much you get it from? So you would have to run each planet 50+ times to get any real %'s...

(grade 3 white lockbox gave me 450 credits, while i've got 2500 from grade 3 blue lockbox)

Kyris_Xiandrii
12.31.2011 , 12:58 AM | #5
you did more quests and found more boxes on dromand kaas than the other planets
Kyris // Lethality Sniper // Kellian Jarro [PVE] // My Sniper Video

Ewokinator
12.31.2011 , 01:00 AM | #6
Ah now I understand. Its true that slicing still generates money, the problem is that it also has (according to your own data) a potential to LOSE money for no real reason. For example on your spreadsheet you lost an average of 100 credits on the mission Vanishing Act. but there are plenty of threads to argue this topic, your experiment still merits interest because it shows how slicing now affects people as they start from a basic level and continue, as opposed to ONLY running missions because they are loitering on a fleet station or PVPing, instead of looking for world lockboxes
Krayt Dragon server
Blisk - Jedi Sage

Enderfalls
12.31.2011 , 01:03 AM | #7
Exactly, I know its random, and I know that my data size will be small. However I do feel as if this will show another side to slicing.

KroganElite
12.31.2011 , 01:04 AM | #8

SamuraiCrazy
12.31.2011 , 01:14 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ewokinator View Post
Ah now I understand. Its true that slicing still generates money, the problem is that it also has (according to your own data) a potential to LOSE money for no real reason. For example on your spreadsheet you lost an average of 100 credits on the mission Vanishing Act. but there are plenty of threads to argue this topic, your experiment still merits interest because it shows how slicing now affects people as they start from a basic level and continue, as opposed to ONLY running missions because they are loitering on a fleet station or PVPing, instead of looking for world lockboxes
im guessing this right here, is the main reason it was nerfed. the people standing around in the hubs are making money without really doing anything. just printing their own checks overtime. now if they want profit they have to go find boxes, and even push world pvp a bit (i've seen 2 whole republic on my pvp server so far)
EMPIRE'S ELITE
The Fatman