Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Beta test chars?

darksplash
12.13.2011 , 07:04 PM | #1
Okay, so when I got selected to test SW:TOR on November 25th just like most people I saw. I have quite a few respectable high level characters on 2 servers, but what I'm trying to say here is.. will I get my chars back? It took a tremendous amount of effort and time to get 3 of my characters to as high of a level as possible so I would be set for when Early Game Access, and the launch of the game so that way, I wouldn't have to restart everything. By now you should know where I'm coming from on my point of view but all I'm asking is if we will get our beta test chars, that I/We spent all of our time working on. Answers would be nice. Thank you for your time.
Carpe Lux | Carpe Noctem | The Harbinger
Pub: Revalist - 55 DPS Vanguard / Dust'l - 55 DPS Gunslinger
Imp: Revaith - 55 DPS Mercenary / Enrain - 55 DPS Sniper

jadomel
12.13.2011 , 07:06 PM | #2
It was made pretty clear that we would not get them back, everything was going to be deleted.

Packetdancer
12.13.2011 , 07:07 PM | #3
I'm afraid the beta characters aren't coming back; it was in the beta weekend FAQ, that at the end of the beta test all servers would be wiped. Really, the beta weekends weren't about trying to level characters for launch, but about trying to get as many people on the server as possible poking at it to see how things broke, or what fell over/caught fire in the server room.
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris)
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.

darksplash
12.13.2011 , 07:08 PM | #4
Well, it seems all my hard work just went down the drain..thank you for atleast kindly responding. :/

Melcene
12.13.2011 , 07:10 PM | #5
It is very very very rare that a game keeps beta characters through release - for your future gaming experiences, always assume they will delete your beta toons, and be pleasantly surprised if they don't.
Collector's Edition V.I.P.
Beta Disciple of the Orange Pixel of Death

darksplash
12.13.2011 , 07:16 PM | #6
I just wish they could have told me that I wouldn't get them back from the start, cause then I wouldn't have participated and I could start fresh without worries, my day just can't get any worst can it.

Badllamah
12.13.2011 , 07:17 PM | #7
Except Beta is supose to be to test and find bugs, not give you a head start in playing.

LeeApollo
12.13.2011 , 07:17 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by darksplash View Post
I just wish they could have told me that I wouldn't get them back from the start, cause then I wouldn't have participated and I could start fresh without worries, my day just can't get any worst can it.
They did tell you this.

YurikArkady
12.13.2011 , 07:18 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by darksplash View Post
I just wish they could have told me that I wouldn't get them back from the start

Like they did?

Seriously, you're the only person that was caught off guard by this.
Quote: Originally Posted by Telvannis View Post
Grey viable?

All I know is my gut says maybe.

Ebbezy
12.13.2011 , 07:18 PM | #10
They did tell you... Did you read the constant flow of stickies on the forums??? You people amaze me... Really
Only noobs need Heavy Armor to Tank!