Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How long doese Bioware hold the Starwars IP? Could Blizzard make a Star Wars mmorpg?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
How long doese Bioware hold the Starwars IP? Could Blizzard make a Star Wars mmorpg?

01.03.2012 , 10:58 AM | #21
u do realize that blizzard will find someway to put pandas into star wars after a couple of years when they run out of stuff to do

01.03.2012 , 11:34 AM | #22
PANDA JEDI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ee k:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

01.03.2012 , 11:38 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDolemite View Post
lol, I love your sig
Funny cause it's true? It's a vocal minority. You don't come on the forums whining "I enjoy this game so much, let's discuss". There's nothing to discuss there. But to say "i hate this game, it's too hard for me. make it easier like WoW where I can be a hero too!" brings a discussion subject between good people (good enough for this game) and noobs (icc non heroic with 40% buff or w/e. PuG the final boss of the exansion!)

01.03.2012 , 06:57 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDolemite View Post
How long doese Bioware own this IP?

I dont really trust any other developer besides Blizzard to make a true Star Wars actually would seem like a dream team to me.

Is it possible? SOE screwed it up and Bioware is headed down the same path......
10 years. So give up.

And adding you to ignore before you kill any more of my brain cells.
Majynn, L55 Sorc - The Society - Harbinger
Garadan, L55 Jugg- Dark Void - Harbinger
Vongrath, L35 Op- Dark Void - Harbinger

01.03.2012 , 07:29 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
Blizzard only knows how to write one story. Guy is a legendary hero but has gone crazy. Now you have to kill him.
Sarcasm right?

KOTOR - Hero of the Republic Revan goes nuts, you set out to kill him.

Star Wars trilogies - Hero of the Republic Anakin goes nuts, Luke sets out to kill him

Using your logic those two companies would make a perfect pair - they both know the one story in and out!

01.03.2012 , 07:47 PM | #26
Blizzard? No thanks, If they got hold of it all the males would be voiced by Metzen...

And that's a Hell I'd wish upon anyone...

01.03.2012 , 07:48 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
If you were really a Blizz fan you would realize that Blizz doesn't do other companies IPs.

So even if the SW IP was up for sale Blizzard would never take it.
*cough* Warcraft is a colossal Warhammer rip-off *cough*

01.03.2012 , 08:19 PM | #28
I just lawled so hard. Are you kidding me? BioWare is an intense story driven company, they are the only people I want making Star Wars. Blizzard is ****.
Grand Master Zym
Armada - Level 23 Marauder of Vanguard
Ryorg - Level 5 Bounty Hunter of Vanguard

01.03.2012 , 09:40 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
*cough* Warcraft is a colossal Warhammer rip-off *cough*
Oh I completley agree Warcraft and Starcraft are both rip offs but I'm saying they would rather steal from Star Wars then get the actual star wars license.

01.03.2012 , 10:58 PM | #30
Blizzard would never want Star Wars. Everything they do involves their own IPs. This will never happen, and isn't worth thinking about, regardless of your wrong opinions on BioWare "mishandling" the IP.
"Making the internet a happier place, one infraction at a time."