Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Players BANNED for going to Ilum? Suggestions to Customer Service

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Players BANNED for going to Ilum? Suggestions to Customer Service

Fozziwig
12.30.2011 , 09:31 PM | #21
This is too vague to be considered credible. Who was banned? When? Where's the ban email? Who did it come from? Or where's the screenshot?

You need some proof to back this up. If you have it, I'm sure there will be a riot. Without it, we can't believe you. Sorry, but that's too crazy to believe without proof.

AJediKnight
12.30.2011 , 09:31 PM | #22
Personally, I just hope there is more to this. Sneaking into high-level zones to explore and do a little harvesting has been a part of MMOs since the early days. To attempt to nip such behavior in the bud, and in such an unnecessarily dramatic way, has PR disaster written all over it.
[][]☲☲☲[]ị::ị\(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

LordRelyks
12.30.2011 , 09:32 PM | #23
Hell, Ill head to Ilum on my alt, see if I get banned or not. If so, I'm unsubbing immediately.

Wiz' Khalifa/Nevaro Kas'im from Flurry SWG.

Beemerchick
12.30.2011 , 09:32 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackk View Post
I apologize that I cannot offer citation. Providing information on players personal accounts and account issues will result in closure of the topic. I have specifically posted this without any specific players account information or the particular events of their banning to prevent it from being closed and to grow awareness to the issue.
So you have no evidence. I am not saying you are lying. It is a very real possibility that the person who told you this story was lying to you. That makes a lot more sense than banning people for going to a planet.

AJediKnight
12.30.2011 , 09:32 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackk View Post
I apologize that I cannot offer citation. Providing information on players personal accounts and account issues will result in closure of the topic. I have specifically posted this without any specific players account information or the particular events of their banning to prevent it from being closed and to grow awareness to the issue.
Then I call BS. Post it on another website if you have to. But without confirmation, I'm afraid I believe your claims to be a lie.

Jamus_Divinus
12.30.2011 , 09:32 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AntoniusDelitan View Post
Where's the part of the story where exploitation was being done?
LMAO nicely done mate.

Some are exploiting the weekly/daily missions using low level alts on Ilum.

Funny Ilum exploiter video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTd1mfTpNTk

The bans may be connected to that. Regardless I'm always suspicious when people say 'without warning'...usually there is a warning but a GM is hardly likely to post here that the player WAS warned is he/she?
Star Wars Galaxies - Bria Server - April 2005- December 2011
500,000,000+ Mounts:262/270 Pets:225/241
Achievement points:39775 Ships mastered: 24/24

Tyriene
12.30.2011 , 09:34 PM | #27
There are 3 sides to every story, your side, their side and the truth. The truth is usually somewhere between the other two. I am sure there is more to this story than is being told, because I cannot see Bioware banning people just for going to a higher level planet. So without Bioware's side of the story - ie the bann notice - we cannot determine where the truth lies.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion | Through passion, I gain strength | Through strength, I gain power | Through power, I gain victory | Through victory, my chains are broken | The Force shall free me
Sturmgrenadier

Inhalcator
12.30.2011 , 09:34 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRelyks View Post
Hell, Ill head to Ilum on my alt, see if I get banned or not. If so, I'm unsubbing immediately.
Good man/woman. Please keep us posted.
SWG Outcast - Inhalcator <CULT> - Starsider

AJediKnight
12.30.2011 , 09:35 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamus_Divinus View Post
LMAO nicely done mate.

Some are exploiting the weekly/daily missions using low level alts on Ilum.

Funny Ilum exploiter video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTd1mfTpNTk

The bans may be connected to that. Regardless I'm always suspicious when people say 'without warning'...usually there is a warning but a GM is hardly likely to post here that the player WAS warned is he/she?
Man, his performance is really nice. That must be quite the high-end rig.

Blackk
12.30.2011 , 09:37 PM | #30
If you do not believe me that it is happenning, please do a google search for "banned for going to ilum"

This will provide you with a link on the top.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic - Banned for going to Illum?
www.swtor.com ... English Customer Service
6 posts - 6 authors - Last post: 1 hour ago

If you click on the link, you will get the result:
you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

XXXXX, Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

[EDIT] That is because the topic was closed, locked, and hidden.