Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Players BANNED for going to Ilum? Suggestions to Customer Service

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Players BANNED for going to Ilum? Suggestions to Customer Service

Bob-ombaFett
12.30.2011 , 09:27 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AntoniusDelitan View Post
Where's the part of the story where exploitation was being done?
I say there is more to this story than what's being presented here. An exploitation is definitely probable.

Inhalcator
12.30.2011 , 09:27 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Samy_Merchi View Post
Citation needed. Sounds like some sort of misunderstanding at best, lie at worst.
Agreed.
SWG Outcast - Inhalcator <CULT> - Starsider

Blackk
12.30.2011 , 09:27 PM | #13
It's exploitation to go into an open pvp zone to harvest materials? If you are low level, and risking getting killed (and suffering death penalty) in a higher level zone, that is the risk you take.

How many people have done this in other MMO's? Perhaps they should take World of Warcrafts approach and level lock trade skills?

1) Level locking trade skills to cap at certain player levels will prevent them from even wanting to get to higher level zones to skill up. Because they will be locked into the brackets that mean anything for them.

2) At this point, crafting level is different from player level. You can skill up to level 300 at relatively early in your gaming experience. At which point: Yes, you have to go to higher level zones to continue! Is it a bannable offense to continue to progress your crafting beyond your level?

LordRelyks
12.30.2011 , 09:29 PM | #14
If this is all true, I've lost all my credibility for BW/EA. As a total fan of Bioware's work, I will be very disappointed in them...

Wiz' Khalifa/Nevaro Kas'im from Flurry SWG.

Bob-ombaFett
12.30.2011 , 09:29 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackk View Post
It's exploitation to go into an open pvp zone to harvest materials? If you are low level, and risking getting killed (and suffering death penalty) in a higher level zone, that is the risk you take.

... Is it a bannable offense to continue to progress your crafting beyond your level?
That is something you will have to personally contact Customer Service and find out what their reason is that caused the ban.

Whenever you do get an update on it though, please post it, as I am very curious about this and I'm sure many others are as well.

nobadee
12.30.2011 , 09:30 PM | #16
Geez people, were you born last night? Ever consider that the OP is only giving you part of the whole story maybe? Perhaps there was some foul play going on with said players; thus, leading to their being banned. Remember kids, take what you read on the internet with a grain of salt.

Ankido
12.30.2011 , 09:30 PM | #17
Citation needed. Sounds like some sort of misunderstanding at best, lie at worst.
How do you know this before you throw assumption. Maybe they are doing it and maybe they are not. Not right for you to call someone a liar. If they are deleting posts regarding this issue, apparently it holds water.
No Sith, no Emperor, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever.
There is no greater power in the galaxy than the Jedi Counsil.
Against that power, the Sith cannot stand.
<[Ankido]> - Jedi Guardian

Teldara
12.30.2011 , 09:30 PM | #18
I haven't been banned.

Lamentari
12.30.2011 , 09:30 PM | #19
A copy of the Notification for being banned would be best to support this statement otherwise most could consider this false

Blackk
12.30.2011 , 09:30 PM | #20
I apologize that I cannot offer citation. Providing information on players personal accounts and account issues will result in closure of the topic. I have specifically posted this without any specific players account information or the particular events of their banning to prevent it from being closed and to grow awareness to the issue.