Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Players BANNED for going to Ilum? Suggestions to Customer Service

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Players BANNED for going to Ilum? Suggestions to Customer Service

Blackk
12.30.2011 , 09:23 PM | #1
Players are being banned from the game for going to Ilum. Apparently: The planet states that you are required to be level 40+ before traveling there according to the customer service mail. And as such, he is getting banned!

Constructively speaking, I find it hard to believe that customer service would BAN players over this.

1) If a zone is supposed to be restricted to a certain level, why not LEVEL LOCK it? Prevent people going to the planet instead of banning them without warning! Is there a disclaimer that going to Ilum too early will get you banned? NO! It's not in the EULA either.

2) If you level up your slicing and that's the best/only place to get slicing XP, what should you do? Stop slicing until your level catches up?

3) INFORM your customer base! Let them know that traveling to this planet is considered a bannable offense! The game is almost A WEEK OLD and players are already being banned without warning!

4) Stop closing the forums posts about it. LEARN from the mistakes, get the players feedback, and grow from it. SILENCING community pain points will not solve the problem, it will only aggravate the community (and ultimately, make the topic spill into private forums)

Ultimately, please stop punishing players for playing the game. Own the mistakes of CHOOSING not to level lock the zone, and CHOOSING not to inform your players that these activities will result in banning, and CHANGE IT. TELL your paying customers that THIS WILL GET YOU BANNED!

Edits: Players requested screenshot

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...going_to_ilum/

Edits: Things learned through the posts:

1) These players received a temporary ban, but no verbal warning.

2) The grammar of the email provided by Bioware is poorly written, and very vague as to the infraction.

a) Bioware's customer service emails do not have a color background. They are black text documents with no art regardless of if you are being warned about your forum posts, or banned from playing.

3) Beyond these screenshots, there is no further proof. You are welcome to google search for results, and see deleted posts, but aside from a public post from Bioware (who will not discuss the events of peoples accounts, it's considered private) So please do not ask for any more proof. There's none to be had.

4) Even if you choose not to believe it because it's unbelievable; that's fine by me! That's why I created this topic. I felt that how this was handled was ridiculous.

AntoniusDelitan
12.30.2011 , 09:24 PM | #2
Where's the part of the story where exploitation was being done?
<Down with the Sithness> - Daragon Trail - Empire

Azhi
12.30.2011 , 09:25 PM | #3
wow, they are really?
I used to be a part of the community, now I'm just an Australian.

AJediKnight
12.30.2011 , 09:25 PM | #4
If this is true, then whoever made the decision to ban people over it needs to be fired immediately, and in a very public manner.

It's like being a special forces operative behind enemy lines -- if you are caught, you are disavowed by your own government. Unless you are banning people who are hacking and/or gold selling, then pick a scapegoat and point the finger, Bioware.
[][]☲☲☲[]ị::ị\(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Ankido
12.30.2011 , 09:25 PM | #5
They are banning people because they go to a certain zone? I've never in my life heard of anything like this. If this is true, bioware will lose a lot of credibility.
No Sith, no Emperor, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever.
There is no greater power in the galaxy than the Jedi Counsil.
Against that power, the Sith cannot stand.
<[Ankido]> - Jedi Guardian

Corwingeorge
12.30.2011 , 09:25 PM | #6
i dont believe you

ineverpost
12.30.2011 , 09:26 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackk View Post
Players are being banned from the game for going to Ilum. Apparently: The planet states that you are required to be level 40+ before traveling there according to the customer service mail. And as such, he is getting banned!

Constructively speaking, I find it hard to believe that customer service would BAN players over this.

1) If a zone is supposed to be restricted to a certain level, why not LEVEL LOCK it? Prevent people going to the planet instead of banning them without warning! Is there a disclaimer that going to Ilum too early will get you banned? NO! It's not in the EULA either.

2) If you level up your slicing and that's the best/only place to get slicing XP, what should you do? Stop slicing until your level catches up?

3) INFORM your customer base! Let them know that traveling to this planet is considered a bannable offense! The game is almost A WEEK OLD and players are already being banned without warning!

4) Stop closing the forums posts about it. LEARN from the mistakes, get the players feedback, and grow from it. SILENCING community pain points will not solve the problem, it will only aggravate the community (and ultimately, make the topic spill into private forums)

Ultimately, please stop punishing players for playing the game. Own the mistakes of CHOOSING not to level lock the zone, and CHOOSING not to inform your players that these activities will result in banning, and CHANGE IT. TELL your paying customers that THIS WILL GET YOU BANNED!
I wish I could say I am surprised, but ladies and gentlemen, this is Bioware.

Samy_Merchi
12.30.2011 , 09:26 PM | #8
Citation needed. Sounds like some sort of misunderstanding at best, lie at worst.

BeardedBubba
12.30.2011 , 09:26 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AJediKnight View Post
If this is true, then whoever made the decision to ban people over it needs to be fired immediately, and in a very public manner.
Agreed, thats laughable.

I was curious about how bioware's GM's are going to play, so I've only been trollin lightly ><

LordRelyks
12.30.2011 , 09:26 PM | #10
I call BS...

Wiz' Khalifa/Nevaro Kas'im from Flurry SWG.