Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Baras

AWDBAHL
12.30.2011 , 08:45 PM | #1
WOW.

Anyone else really impressed with this character? His dialog, the voice acting, his look. Its all perfect. Whoever voiced him is amazing and the writing is great. Almost bizarre, since almost all other characters in that whole area are vastly inferior in terms of voice acting and writing, not to mention design.

Just thought I would give Bioware a thumbs up on this character. Make more like him.

Lothark
12.30.2011 , 09:22 PM | #2
His face mask is what I think really gives him the "Darth" feel, although the overweightness to his character was odd to get used to it gives him a specific quirk that makes him much more different than your standard Darth.
Trafalgar Law - 50 Powertech - Ajunta Pall
"Warmaster, we think too often in terms of dualism: Jedi or Sith, light or dark, right or wrong. But there are three sides to this blade, not two, opposed and similar at the same time. The third edge is the Mandalorian. "

Mechavomit
12.30.2011 , 10:45 PM | #3
He looks terrible, but he's cool =)

Samy_Merchi
12.30.2011 , 11:11 PM | #4
He's a good one-dimensional villain. Which is to say he's not too deep (or at least, we haven't seen much depth to him so far) but he's owning the basic villain role very well.

I wish there were more quests to learn about his family, his background, his loves and hates, and hopefully a few twists in those that weren't stereotypically EvilTM.

I also wish the fat guy wasn't always the bad guy or the comic relief but that's another discussion.

DrMcbeefington
12.31.2011 , 12:13 AM | #5
I have no idea how he sees in that stupid mask. Also, if you remember him from the Old Republic Comics, he's REALLY let himself go. Now he's bald, fat, and insane.

Avaricus
01.10.2012 , 11:22 AM | #6
Is he suppose to be the same Darth Baras as in the graphic novels and books. If so I am rather disapointed they look nothing alike and the personality seems off too.

Deshiel
01.10.2012 , 11:36 AM | #7
He got bald and fat from constant guard of his life and legacy.

grania
01.10.2012 , 11:53 AM | #8
Yup I liked Darth Baras, liked his voice very much. That early scene where he screams at the guy he's torturing is one of my favorites. I had to restart it several times to try all the dialogue options and it was pretty amusing hearing him shriek over and over.

Quote:
I wish there were more quests to learn about his family, his background, his loves and hates, and hopefully a few twists in those that weren't stereotypically EvilTM.
I actually kinda wish we could learn about our own characters background a little more. All my character ever said about her life prior to Korriban was that she came from a great sith family.
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--
"Mama, I dies your character, sorree!"

Deshiel
01.10.2012 , 12:00 PM | #9
Since this is not in the spoiler thread.

Spoiler

Toat
01.10.2012 , 01:06 PM | #10
You're kidding right....

a big fat incompetent oaf would have never climbed the ranks to become a darth.

I get it, you're being sarcastic, understood.

The Zimco Legacy
CE