Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Armormech garbage


Aaoogaa's Avatar


Aaoogaa
12.30.2011 , 07:32 PM | #1
So today I get a level 50 orange pattern...it has 3 mod slots just like my level 15 orange pattern. The only difference is it takes me almost nothing to make the level 15 pattern and the level 50 pattern well I would not WASTE the mats on it. Who thought of this? Why the hell can an artifice make a light sabre with all the mods in it and I cannot make a jacket with mods? This system is terribad. First purples do not improve base stats from the greens besides armor and then orange gear is exactly the same except for the looks...and the mat costs. Really a fail system and it is the ONLY complaint I have about this game.

I expect to be able to craft useful items at level 50. These items should be superior to the FREE armor you get from PVP. The level of armor should be:

Operation
Flashpoint
Crafted
Mob drops/PVP/Quest
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.

Aricus's Avatar


Aricus
12.30.2011 , 08:00 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaoogaa View Post
So today I get a level 50 orange pattern...it has 3 mod slots just like my level 15 orange pattern. The only difference is it takes me almost nothing to make the level 15 pattern and the level 50 pattern well I would not WASTE the mats on it. Who thought of this? Why the hell can an artifice make a light sabre with all the mods in it and I cannot make a jacket with mods? This system is terribad. First purples do not improve base stats from the greens besides armor and then orange gear is exactly the same except for the looks...and the mat costs. Really a fail system and it is the ONLY complaint I have about this game.

I expect to be able to craft useful items at level 50. These items should be superior to the FREE armor you get from PVP. The level of armor should be:

Operation
Flashpoint
Crafted
Mob drops/PVP/Quest
They are. You just need to RE them and turn them into purples. Purple gear has a chance to get 7 stats on them. PvP only has 5. Hell the regular purples have 6. Not to mention you get to choose the type of stats you wish to focus on them. Though I'd admit it takes a lot of work to make one set of purple gear that you wish to focus on.

ZingFreelancer's Avatar


ZingFreelancer
12.30.2011 , 08:08 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aricus View Post
They are. You just need to RE them and turn them into purples. Purple gear has a chance to get 7 stats on them. PvP only has 5. Hell the regular purples have 6. Not to mention you get to choose the type of stats you wish to focus on them. Though I'd admit it takes a lot of work to make one set of purple gear that you wish to focus on.
You are wrong in getting to choose the type of stat. First you need to RE green into 3 types of blue, then each type of blue have 5 types of purple gear. All this is controlled by RNG.

So if you wish to have a full set of purple armour with same stat patter, God save you.

Aaoogaa's Avatar


Aaoogaa
12.30.2011 , 08:15 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aricus View Post
They are. You just need to RE them and turn them into purples. Purple gear has a chance to get 7 stats on them. PvP only has 5. Hell the regular purples have 6. Not to mention you get to choose the type of stats you wish to focus on them. Though I'd admit it takes a lot of work to make one set of purple gear that you wish to focus on.
..and the purples have the same base stats as the greens making them useless to wear. When your mod armor has 30-40 more points of aim/endurance than the purple you just made no matter what the secondary stats are it is not worth putting on.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.

Aricus's Avatar


Aricus
12.30.2011 , 08:29 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ZingFreelancer View Post
You are wrong in getting to choose the type of stat. First you need to RE green into 3 types of blue, then each type of blue have 5 types of purple gear. All this is controlled by RNG.

So if you wish to have a full set of purple armour with same stat patter, God save you.
RIGHT I did say it will take alot of time. But you still can choose. I have a full set of redoubt on the BH level 49 armor and full set of Critical on the Medium Armor that already has crit on it.

It took me awhile to get them both (approx 6 -8 hours playing time) but I got them in the blue version which btw have 5 stats, I also crit 2 chest piece which gives me 6 stats if I add an augment.

Yeah it takes work but I did it. Now I am working on getting the epics for both sets. Which will probably take me a week of straight farming and sending out companions.

Aricus's Avatar


Aricus
12.30.2011 , 08:31 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaoogaa View Post
..and the purples have the same base stats as the greens making them useless to wear. When your mod armor has 30-40 more points of aim/endurance than the purple you just made no matter what the secondary stats are it is not worth putting on.
Yea they have the sam ebase stats.. the level 49 greens have what 3 different versions? A tank one, critcal dps one and healing one. EACH HAVE 4 DIFFERENT BASE STATS, WHICH MEANS PURPLE VERSION WILL HAVE AT LEAST 6 BASE STATS. (sorry wanted to emphasis that.)

Just take them RE them into a blue of your type (redoubt, critical, or overkill) and you get a added stat there. then RE them itno purples and you get ANOTHER STAT added. Yay.... And if you crit a purple OMG YOU GET ANOTHER STAT! Hell I don't think the level 50 pve gear has 7 stats?

ZingFreelancer's Avatar


ZingFreelancer
12.30.2011 , 09:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aricus View Post
RIGHT I did say it will take alot of time. But you still can choose. I have a full set of redoubt on the BH level 49 armor and full set of Critical on the Medium Armor that already has crit on it.

It took me awhile to get them both (approx 6 -8 hours playing time) but I got them in the blue version which btw have 5 stats, I also crit 2 chest piece which gives me 6 stats if I add an augment.

Yeah it takes work but I did it. Now I am working on getting the epics for both sets. Which will probably take me a week of straight farming and sending out companions.
Come on, you cant be serious? You mean you've crafted the **** out of all armours from level 10 to level 50? Because I am level 31 bounty hunter and I would love to create a nice set of armour for my current level.

Eventually I will be able to craft and wear level 33 items, then 35, then 37, then 40. You know how reverse engineering and purple/blue prefixes work. It is easy to stand atop of the world and pass judgement, I would ask of you to come down and observe from my perspective.

High end crafting grind is fine and logical, but I see little to no reason in low to mid level crafting to be just as much of a chore.

Aricus's Avatar


Aricus
12.30.2011 , 10:05 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ZingFreelancer View Post
Come on, you cant be serious? You mean you've crafted the **** out of all armours from level 10 to level 50? Because I am level 31 bounty hunter and I would love to create a nice set of armour for my current level.

Eventually I will be able to craft and wear level 33 items, then 35, then 37, then 40. You know how reverse engineering and purple/blue prefixes work. It is easy to stand atop of the world and pass judgement, I would ask of you to come down and observe from my perspective.

High end crafting grind is fine and logical, but I see little to no reason in low to mid level crafting to be just as much of a chore.
No what I am saying is my chara is level 48. Right now I am working on the level 49 BH heavy Gear (one with Absorption which is for my BH friend and I am crafting the level 49 medium armor crit gear for my sniper.

I've already got all the blues for both sets. The BH's gear is all absorb and redoubt and my gear (medium armor) is all crit and critical. This includes helm, legs, chest, bracers, boots etc. Both sets have 5 different stats on them (except for my critical because the green version already had crit so when I learn the critical version, the extra gear just stacked with the existing crit.

I haven't been on my sniper in the past two days. Otherwise I would presume I'd have at least 2-3 purple pieces by now.

Edit: I do have about 10 or more purple items that are level 10-15. I sell em fairly often from around 4-8k on AH.

ZingFreelancer's Avatar


ZingFreelancer
12.31.2011 , 05:41 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Aricus View Post
No what I am saying is my chara is level 48. Right now I am working on the level 49 BH heavy Gear (one with Absorption which is for my BH friend and I am crafting the level 49 medium armor crit gear for my sniper.

I've already got all the blues for both sets. The BH's gear is all absorb and redoubt and my gear (medium armor) is all crit and critical. This includes helm, legs, chest, bracers, boots etc. Both sets have 5 different stats on them (except for my critical because the green version already had crit so when I learn the critical version, the extra gear just stacked with the existing crit.

I haven't been on my sniper in the past two days. Otherwise I would presume I'd have at least 2-3 purple pieces by now.

Edit: I do have about 10 or more purple items that are level 10-15. I sell em fairly often from around 4-8k on AH.
See, this is what I mean. You are high level char and you dedicate yourself to crafting. However, the same level of dedication is required from low and mid level crafters. Which I consider to be rather unrewarding.

RyderrUK's Avatar


RyderrUK
12.31.2011 , 05:46 AM | #10
You expect, as a casual, to be able to have access to all the best crafting recipes after a week or so of release? Jog on. It's already stupidly easy game - expect to sink some time into it.

Absolutely no sympathy for you, in fact, I am in the same boat. I just don;t want it all handed to me on a silver platter.