Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Level 12 JK, but still can't specialize

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Level 12 JK, but still can't specialize

Compagnarse
12.30.2011 , 06:58 PM | #1
Hey guys,

I'm a level 12 Jedi Knight, but I still haven't received the quest to speak to the advanced training guy to become either a Sentinel or Guardian. When I go and speak to him he just says "We have nothing to discuss". Does anybody know why? Is there also some storyline quest that I need to finish first?

Kalisperas
12.30.2011 , 07:14 PM | #2
This happened to me as well. Went to Coruscant at level 9, at level 10 had no idea how to choose my advanced class. Turns out the guy who gives the quest is on the ship/station/whatever you go through before heading to Coruscant. Ran back there, and was able to get the quest. I guess they intended for you to hit level 10 before leaving the first area, otherwise you have to backtrack.

TheHiddey
12.30.2011 , 07:19 PM | #3
You mean the Republic Fleet, it's a Jedi standing at the elevator when you leave Tython.

kiern
12.30.2011 , 07:46 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Compagnarse View Post
Hey guys,

I'm a level 12 Jedi Knight, but I still haven't received the quest to speak to the advanced training guy to become either a Sentinel or Guardian. When I go and speak to him he just says "We have nothing to discuss". Does anybody know why? Is there also some storyline quest that I need to finish first?
Yeah, the advanced trainer does not give the quest, he is the one you get sent to on the quest. The quest giver will be near the elevator to/from your starting planet's shuttle bay. In the case of Jedi, it would be Tython.

Compagnarse
12.31.2011 , 03:53 PM | #5
Great, thanks guys! I really appreciate it. I'm a total N00B, so I guess it serves me right for leaving Tython before becoming level 10!