Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Eternity Vault too easy?

Korghal
12.30.2011 , 05:47 PM | #1
Ok, so we have ONLY done normal mode. But we basicly went in and one shotted it all. Last boss bugged out but would have been a kill (60k from kill and he disappeared).

This with a PUG.

What im wondering if people in general think its too easy or did i just get lucky and get good pugs?

Vhox
12.30.2011 , 06:02 PM | #2
It's quite normal for any beginning raid tier to be simple/easy, especially considering it was just on normal. Even for the harder/insane options I'm sure it won't be too over the top. You expect there to be some new people to mmo's/raid so you adjust first raid accordingly. As the game progresses and things still seem to be too 'easy' I'd then start to question it. Until then, play it for what it is and enjoy.
Vhoux - Incarnate - Retired '10
Radical / Vhoux - Helm of Graush(PvP) - Empire
"Don't try to cover the sky with the palm of your hand"

Jurugar
12.30.2011 , 06:12 PM | #3
It's easier the later you start it. For example, we went in the first week and found it on the easier side but not a complete pushover, up until Soa of course, but we were fresh out of 50 with blues and oranges.

As for Soa, hes of moderate difficulty, but much easier since guilds (such as ours) have done it already and put up walkthroughs for the mechanics.

Artacks
12.30.2011 , 06:46 PM | #4
Anyone who comes in here talking about how they make the game easier for other guilds with guides and walkthroughs are full of crap.

The content in this game is designed 100% to be clearable by anyone, so that bioware can take a look at the analytics and progress their content from there.

This content has been super easy, and we managed to rack up quite a few US and World first (not that it matters) kills along the way. It doesn't take a guide, or a good guild to clear this content. All it takes is 8 people smart enough to recognize a few boss mechanics and avoid them.

As far as the hits and stuff go, we went in there at 48 - 49 and cleared a couple bosses in like 45 blues and greens. Sure, it hit harder than being in heroic epics, but that's how guilds like mine like to do things, the hard way.

Linuraleal
12.30.2011 , 08:01 PM | #5
I still remember the first raid I went to in WoW.

It was UBRS - 15 man.

No wipes, got faction first kill of the end boss on the server. Yeah, really hard content...

Molten Core was not the first raid in WoW.

Just to put things into perspective.
Originally Posted by Urial
"there is nothing epic about need/greed."

phlowbies
12.30.2011 , 08:03 PM | #6
EV normal mode is equivalent, or even more derp-friendlier than WoW's LFR system. Do nightmare modes.