Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Light/dark conflict with reality

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Light/dark conflict with reality

abishe
12.30.2011 , 04:52 PM | #1
oke, so i play a sith, i am a good guy for the empire.
I do anything that have the best interest in the empire.

yet, the class story getting in conflict of good/bad.
killing a other jedi, to preserves the empire best interest, leads me to dark side.
tell me, soldiers killing daily for their good of their country, to them it's the right cause.
so it's for me, sith to protect the empire against it's enemy, and help it's citizens.

the idea, was good but it's human nature is to complex to put it, in a 1, 2 choose.
at least what you can do is chance the limited chooises into more logic dark/light bonus.

for spoilers reason i not post any story line, but those of close to closeing Act 1.
knows what i talking about.

krisslanza
12.30.2011 , 05:03 PM | #2
You're thinking in the wrong mindset. See, the Empire ruling the galaxy would be a horribly bad thing. They rule through fear and mass slaughter. Sure, what you're doing might be "good" from their viewpoint.

But in the scheme for the Force, it's a very evil thing.

abishe
12.31.2011 , 12:31 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
You're thinking in the wrong mindset. See, the Empire ruling the galaxy would be a horribly bad thing. They rule through fear and mass slaughter. Sure, what you're doing might be "good" from their viewpoint.

and thats exectly where they have failed, the empire story line is not writen from their prespective, but from human's point of view.

from a sith prespective.
showing Mercy is Evil, while killing someone is good (especaily if they failed)
simple example

Bird_of_Thunder
12.31.2011 , 12:40 AM | #4

No, that's how Lord Ravvok rules. Check ur facts.
Darth Ravvok
Carnage Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

Gruug
12.31.2011 , 12:41 AM | #5
I feel that there are a few choices that are at odds with the whole "light/dark" spin. And it usually seems to be in cases where you think one response has to be "light" and it turns out "dark". Or at least that was what I have found so far.

Give me an MMO that I can visit and have fun! Where what I pay for is not going to those that play for free.

krisslanza
12.31.2011 , 12:42 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by abishe View Post
and thats exectly where they have failed, the empire story line is not writen from their prespective, but from human's point of view.

from a sith prespective.
showing Mercy is Evil, while killing someone is good (especaily if they failed)
simple example
That's still incorrect. Slaughtering people is still evil, and sparing people is still good. To the Sith, the morals may be different, but to the Force? That's how it works.

abishe
12.31.2011 , 01:39 AM | #7
That's still incorrect. Slaughtering people is still evil, and sparing people is still good. To the Sith, the morals may be different, but to the Force? That's how it works.
sinds when is a BH, or IA bound to the force?, yet they suffer from you'r so called moral compas.
moral is what makes good or bad, not something supernatural.

to me Bullfighting is inmoral and kind of evil, but to those people it's just normal and nothing wrong with it, just a example of how complex it is.

krisslanza
12.31.2011 , 01:40 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by abishe View Post
sinds when is a BH, or IA bound to the force?, yet they suffer from you'r so called moral compas.
moral is what makes good or bad, not something supernatural.

to me Bullfighting is inmoral and kind of evil, but to those people it's just normal and nothing wrong with it, just a example of how complex it is.
All player characters are assumed Force Sensitive to various degrees, hence you are influenced by your choices.

And you're looking at it from a moral POV. The Force alignment bar is NOT morals. It is good and evil. Helping people, not killing people, etc. is good. Killing people because you can, out of anger, revenge, etc. is evil.

abishe
12.31.2011 , 02:04 AM | #9
All player characters are assumed Force Sensitive to various degrees, hence you are influenced by your choices.

And you're looking at it from a moral POV. The Force alignment bar is NOT morals. It is good and evil. Helping people, not killing people, etc. is good. Killing people because you can, out of anger, revenge, etc. is evil.
yet, jedi's can kill all kind of creature's without getting force currupt.
or is killing, a evil person sudden considered good?, witch comes back to moral again

Ishanaroya
12.31.2011 , 02:53 AM | #10
There is a difference between Good/Evil and Light/Dark side of the force. Light side is not the same as Good, Dark side is not the same as Evil.

Most acts that promote the Dark side, are (or should be) considered evil by most civilized normal human beings IRL. But remember that this game is in a fantasy setting, a made-up universe.

The Sith interpret the Force as a power made for those who fight with passion to get it. Therefore it is a "good thing" to want power and to crush all others. They gain power with the Force as the do so and consider that a sign that they are right.

Most acts that promote Light side are (or should be) considered good by most civilized normal human beings IRL. But not all.

To (most of) the Jedi no emotions at all should be present, only a calm focus. Acts of mercy, helping and healing, these promote the Light side. However, other acts can also promote the Light side - the destruction of followers of the Dark side for example.

So, do not confuse the choices as Good/Evil, but rather Light/Dark. In the sense of "What side of the Force will benefit the most from this choice?"
"What would Buffy do...?"