Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith dark side corruption

Rhyltran
12.31.2011 , 12:20 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AWDBAHL View Post
How dull. So all heroes in the Star Wars universe are determined by their midichlorian count. Theres no room for a remarkable normal person. I guess the minute you become remarkable you get a midichlorian count.

LOL was a ridiculous cop out.

"Hey, why is my rifle guy having face wrinkles as if he were a sith."

"Uhh....he IS a sith!"

"What?"

"Uhh i mean, you know. Sort of. Just enough of one to get face warping, but not enough to, you know....use the force..."

"...what?"
If this is true it doesn't mean they can't use the force. They simply never learned how and don't realize that they are force sensitive. There's many out there that are force sensitive in star wars but don't have teachers to teach them the ways of the force. There's others who don't care to learn how to use it or don't even bother reflecting on it. Then there's those who are sensitive enough to feel the force but are too weak to become Jedi/Sith. Characters can also fall under that level.

Too weak to learn to use it as a weapon but strong enough to take someone at the top of their field and make them extraordinary.

Allucia
12.31.2011 , 02:25 AM | #12
The way I see it is that the force affects everyone and everything in the galaxy, but only a few (Sith, Jedi) can control it.

So as a character who isn't force sensitive, your actions still produce physical transformations from the force, because it exists in everyone, despite the fact you can't control it.

Bhigtimm
12.31.2011 , 02:27 AM | #13
So turn off Sith corruption?

Rhyltran
12.31.2011 , 03:24 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Allucia View Post
The way I see it is that the force affects everyone and everything in the galaxy, but only a few (Sith, Jedi) can control it.

So as a character who isn't force sensitive, your actions still produce physical transformations from the force, because it exists in everyone, despite the fact you can't control it.
Nah. In Star Wars lore psychopaths don't show dark side transformation. There's been many insane murderers and psychopaths in the various comics, books, and heck even the movies that don't show corruption. Personally, I turn it off when I play my Agent as I feel that makes the most sense. I do believe the other "characters" are force sensitive but being force sensitive alone isn't enough to warp your features. That comes from heavy dark side abuse.

fettpett
12.31.2011 , 03:42 AM | #15
I would go with the theory all PC's are force sensitive. Back when Decipher made the SW CCG they gave all characters Force Sensitivity of varying degrees from 1-7. Typically generic characters where 1 or 2 as they are nothing special (though there were a few named characters in this slot too). Most Named characters had 3+ indicating that they had a level of Force sensitivity that made them special.

Applying that system to this (while not perfect, but it works) all PC's are at lest 3, Jedi/Sith being the exception at having 4+.

I haven't played high enough to see my Sith Sorc become that corrupted, I would imagine that most people in the SW Universe that are significant and do evil things have some corruption, greying of skin, excessive wrinkles, etc

Karkais
12.31.2011 , 03:49 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
It's the only explanation that makes sense. The Force is like destiny or fate in the Star Wars universe.
Well it is an explanation. Although I still think its more to do about getting relics etc ingame items than a real rationalization. Is there a blaster pistol that requires dark II etc? for example? That would give proof to your theory, since jedi/sith dont get those.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur