Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Sniper/Gunslinger Issues Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
The Sniper/Gunslinger Issues Thread

pakchooieunf
01.29.2012 , 09:06 PM | #51
After leveling up several different classes and specs, Snipers really seem to fall behind the curve all through the 1-40 range. The 30's seem to be a particularly rough spot, though a lot of that is dependent on -how- you are leveling up; If you're doing heroics and/or space missions, you will almost certainly be 1-3 levels ahead of each planet you arrive on, which makes a tremendous difference. That said, other classes really don't need to over-level their content to stay with the difficulty curve.

I am in agreement with the issues that the OP listed, and I would also add that Evasion is pretty much worthless/broken, although there's a whole different subject on how armor, defense, and attack types are completely mismanaged in this game.

Jcdew
01.29.2012 , 10:57 PM | #52
My first character was a Gunslinger.

I got him to level 50 and played him a while then decided to make other characters.

Balance/Winning or loseing in PvP doesn't say much unless the exact skill is present in all the players.

You don't realize how handicapped the Gunslinger is until you make a few classes and get them to level 50.

il-jumper
01.30.2012 , 09:07 AM | #53
I stopped my sniper at 44.

Lethality does work in pvp, against people who don't dispel, but being lethality I cannot solo pve at all.

I'm not spending 100k everytime I need to switch from pve to pvp.

Marksman is too broken in pvp, espically trying to enter cover getting "Unkown Effect" or buggy skills like Cover Plus

Until Dual Spec is in game, I cannot play Sniper (well can only play in one field).

Also, since when ROOTING stops people from staying in 1 spot and kneeling?

mphill
01.30.2012 , 04:47 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by stealthrider View Post

Solo PvE Issues

Class/Planet Story Quests (30+); Post-Cutscene Battles

Snipers have an extremely difficult time with the many post-cutscene battles prominent in the Class and Planet storylines. Sniper and Gunslinger survivability and damage output relies heavily on positioning and getting the first shot, but after a cutscene the player is not given time to set up, get into proper range, set the right Companion, etc. For the Sniper specifically, the later Class/Planet storylines are nearly impossible to complete without at least one death.
This got me the first few times also. I found that in a cutscene, you can get a good feel if it is going to end in a fight or not. If it ends in a fight, quick tab just to select anyone (doesn't matter who as the mobs are usually clustered) and then a quick flash grenade will give me a few seconds to back up, enter cover and get off an aimed shot before the effect wears off. This usually works for most of those encounters.
"Insanity runs in my family...it practically gallops." - Mortimer Brewster