Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Khem's tanking needs to be improved

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor
Khem's tanking needs to be improved

Valarcrist
12.30.2011 , 02:20 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Fafurian View Post
False, i'm having issues with him..as a DPS spec Sorc he sometimes dies so fast I cant even spam heal him enough to keep him up.
This just goes to show that even with heals, keeping Khem alive when fighting just trash mobs is a pain.
{Bounty‾▀‾Hunter]۪۩░░░░▒▒▒▓▓█▓
▐╢█[_〙 └─◘┴
▐╢▌

jibboo
12.30.2011 , 02:36 PM | #22
I'm only 26, so I can't say how well he tanks past 30, but make sure you're using the 60sec CC Sins get on EVERY PULL POSSIBLE.

Also make use of whirlwind and electrocute when they're up.

Battilea
12.30.2011 , 02:53 PM | #23
Sort of holds true for all the tank NPCs, really. Problem is that they don't get much in the way of tanking skills. Basically a stance that increases the shield activation a little bit, and then a token power or two here and there, like 20% armor or a short term shielding boost.

For my IA, as an example, when I check stats, Kaliyo has less damage reduction from armor than I do. She's in heavy armor, I'm in medium. I've decked her out in orange gear, just like mine (well, still need to find her some boots). But I've got a couple of talent points that reduce all incoming damage by 4%. Now, she does have a couple of other perks, like the shield, so she does tank slightly better than me. But not much. Her main benefit is the ability to hold aggro.

I read that they nerfed the 60% armor boost the tanking companions used to get because it made it too easy for healers to solo stuff. But it would be nice if tank companions got at least a little bit of an armor boost, say 20%, built into the stance. A heavy armor "tank" companion should have greater damage reduction than a medium armor healer.

And, to go back to assassins, yeah, I'm looking forward to replacing Khem as well. Generally, for anything serious, I use Annoying Robot, but, well, he's annoying and does squat for damage. Really looking forward to getting another companion choice.

Scelerant
12.30.2011 , 04:03 PM | #24
I switched to Telos when I got him just because his healing kept me alive longer than Khem's tanking did. Even with his gear being pretty much equal to mine I saw him go from 100 - 50 before the mob was at 70% and that's with me as a Deception Assassin.

The fact that companions are like dumb raiders and love standing in ground based aoe doesn't help. I leveled with a pvp spec that includes reduced CD on jolt and low slash, which helped a lot since I could interrupt and lock down silver and gold mobs to a much larger degree and thus help Khem's lifespan. I also have Biochem so medpacks that healed me + companion was a lifesaver on more than one occasion.
FYI, it’s not “elitist” to expect people to be competent at a task to which they have dedicated hundreds of hours.
Everything currently wrong with the Sith Warrior/JK design.
Sith Assassin Rotation Calculator progress.

Nordh
12.30.2011 , 05:47 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by jibboo View Post
I'm only 26, so I can't say how well he tanks past 30, but make sure you're using the 60sec CC Sins get on EVERY PULL POSSIBLE.

Also make use of whirlwind and electrocute when they're up.
This, are you Mind Tapping the strongest mob and taking out the weaker ones first? Do you use Whirlwind?

Turn of Khem's aoe swipe if he's breaking CC.

kristoffbrujah
12.30.2011 , 06:43 PM | #26
No offence intended, but this is why I didn't play assassin. Tank/dps role without good armor truly is madness.

I think Bioware needs to tweak the assassin.

Karkais
12.30.2011 , 07:12 PM | #27
EDIT: Assasin DPS melee specs? Ok then I shut up.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

Rhazesx
12.30.2011 , 07:16 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Fafurian View Post
he did take a big hit..he didnt have 'Shadow Killer' as a stance in the beta, he had Guard stance which increased his armor by 60%, then he also got 20% on top of that with the Guardian Strike.

So basically..they removed 60% of his armor. I decked mine out in Purple implants/earpiece and lvl 40 mods in his modable chestpiece/weapon, he has over 10k hp while I only have 7k (were level 40) and he gets utterly destroyed in most fights forcing me to sit there and spam heal him.
Same, My Khem is in full purple and orange with purple mods and he gets smoked. I had a friend help me get Xalek 8 levels early just so I could get a decent tank and even he gets beat down fast and I have over 500k spent on his gear.

I think the problem is Strong mobs, they do to much damage and at 50 half of them have CCs and chain them on your companion. I can solo a Champion mob with 150k hps and an add and then turn a corner and 2 strong mobs drop Xalek in 7 secs.

Kezn
12.30.2011 , 08:03 PM | #29
I got forced to go tank spec only because i got tired of khem dying all the time. now i finally got the good heal companion and im considering going dps again, but i dunno if ill get too squishy and the fact that im not able to Maul most of the time if its even worth going dps

Xerkics
12.30.2011 , 10:16 PM | #30
I have Assasin 28 and Sniper 23. I noticed after about lv 20 or so that Khem Val is taking too much damage even if i use guard on him . In Comparison while khem val almost always dies in a hard fight Kaliyo barely drops past half health so im just wondering if there was a flaw with his armour formula or something not working right.