Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Khem's tanking needs to be improved

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Khem's tanking needs to be improved

djmurloc
12.30.2011 , 11:56 AM | #1
In the 30's his usefulness goes way down as his tanking ability diminishes greatly. I find I need to rez him more and more after each battle. I've geared him own in all defensive/absoption gear as best I could. He's wearing all currents and currently has 7200 life at lvl 32.

He's more squishy than I am and I'm madness spec'd sin.

Any improvements would be appreciated.
Kellers Void/ The Lev beta tester
Panda hater.

djmurloc
12.30.2011 , 12:00 PM | #2
Don't suppose shadow killer could instill an Armour bonus?
Panda hater.

blubomber
12.30.2011 , 12:02 PM | #3
His tanking is fine. just use static barrier before each pull and youll be fine. Make sure to improve his weapon often as well, it makes a big difference, as does making sure his offhand shield generator is current. the shield proc is huge.

Blu
50 Sorc
Feel the wrath and power that it holds
I will make you a goddess and angel
You will be remembered forever
Honor me, the Angel Maker
I give you your wings

Beta Squadron 367

djmurloc
12.30.2011 , 12:04 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by blubomber View Post
His tanking is fine. just use static barrier before each pull and youll be fine. Make sure to improve his weapon often as well, it makes a big difference, as does making sure his offhand shield generator is current. the shield proc is huge.

Blu
50 Sorc
Sins don't have this ability. Or heals to keep him alive.

Also, -- He's fully dec'd out in blue's and custom gear.
Panda hater.

Shadysketchy
12.30.2011 , 12:04 PM | #5
I agree, the Khem Val pet needs serious work

I leveled a Sorcerer to 50, and pretty much from 20-50, I was dismissing the pet, and resummoning it after every couple pulls (this brings all pets back to 100% health, and refreshes their Cooldowns)

I was glad to be in an outdoors area, because that meant I could dismiss it, and resummon it in 1 full second less time, to full Heal it
Cancelled, January/4/2012
Level 50, December/22/2011
TOR's Most Critical Errors http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=67935
Dark Side Critical Errors, New Payment Ideas, Poor Customer Support

djmurloc
12.30.2011 , 12:13 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadysketchy View Post
I agree, the Khem Val pet needs serious work

I leveled a Sorcerer to 50, and pretty much from 20-50, I was dismissing the pet, and resummoning it after every couple pulls (this brings all pets back to 100% health, and refreshes their Cooldowns)

I was glad to be in an outdoors area, because that meant I could dismiss it, and resummon it in 1 full second less time, to full Heal it
Sorcs don't have nearly the leveling woes an assassin have. Your barrier and heals make a lot of difference.
Panda hater.

blubomber
12.30.2011 , 12:17 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by djmurloc View Post
Sorcs don't have nearly the leveling woes an assassin have. Your barrier and heals make a lot of difference.
My mistake, i completely misread the post.

I have heard assasins cannot solo nearly as much as sorcs can. My suggestion is if Khem is dying quickly or you are tanking anyway, just use one of the dps companions and use the "enemy dies before i do" strategy
I give you your wings

Beta Squadron 367

djmurloc
12.30.2011 , 12:20 PM | #8
My mistake, i completely misread the post.

I have heard assasins cannot solo nearly as much as sorcs can. My suggestion is if Khem is dying quickly or you are tanking anyway, just use one of the dps companions and use the "enemy dies before i do" strategy
Tried that. Does not work very well. Sins have low survivability with lot less abilities to recoup health loss. Also -- we have ZERO ways to keep khem up unless we are tank spec'd and which in case... sorta makes him useless anyways.
Panda hater.

blubomber
12.30.2011 , 12:23 PM | #9
Im not sure what to say. The first 50 in my guild was an Assassin and he didnt mention any particular trouble. I know my friends on another server mentioned he was unable to solo the last 2 class quests as i was able to do, but that was it.

Id throw this in the class forum and see what other Assassins have to say about it
I give you your wings

Beta Squadron 367

djmurloc
12.30.2011 , 12:28 PM | #10
Im not sure what to say. The first 50 in my guild was an Assassin and he didnt mention any particular trouble. I know my friends on another server mentioned he was unable to solo the last 2 class quests as i was able to do, but that was it.

Id throw this in the class forum and see what other Assassins have to say about it
I can solo things better than most as I'm well over geared much like khem. EVEN with damn good gear he STILL dies much faster then my life drops.. It's not a dps issue on either side. I terrorize groups of enemies with lot of AOE abilities however he's down to half life vs strong enemies and goes down fairly quick vs elite or champions.

When I switch saber stances from lightning to dark -- my armour/block/ defensives are vastly superior to him even in my dps spec.

He's supposed to be the MT while leaving me free to assassinate targets.
Panda hater.