Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

question bout crafting level and schematic learning probability

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
question bout crafting level and schematic learning probability

wargonglok
12.30.2011 , 11:44 AM | #1
Basically, if you have 400 syntheweaving, are you more likely to get a schematic for reverse engineering than someone with 300, 200, 100, or 50? I would assume yes but I just want to be sure so that I don't waist some drop I find from an epic.
Sniper, 'nough said

wargonglok
12.30.2011 , 11:44 AM | #2
thanks ahead of time by the way
Sniper, 'nough said

wargonglok
12.30.2011 , 11:45 AM | #3
/bump
Sniper, 'nough said

wargonglok
12.30.2011 , 11:48 AM | #4
does anybody know, I cant find the search bar to look for other threads.
Sniper, 'nough said

Ravaran
12.30.2011 , 11:50 AM | #5
I am inclined to think that your craft level does not affect it. Since the reverse-engineer button is on your inventory window I feel like the process is not tied to your skills. This is just what I believe, but i may be wrong.

wargonglok
12.30.2011 , 11:55 AM | #6
thanks, it just seems that if you are a master crafter and know every little bit about an item, that you should be able to make it better easier.
Sniper, 'nough said

garflin
12.30.2011 , 11:58 AM | #7
No facts, but my observersations are that the skill level differential does impact the likelihood of gaining the new schematic. I've gone back to lower level items and quickly learned new schematics, while same-level schematics take considerable luck to gain.

wargonglok
12.30.2011 , 11:59 AM | #8
thanks to both of you
Sniper, 'nough said

Ravaran
12.30.2011 , 12:02 PM | #9
Yeah, but I still learn blues sometimes in one-shot from greens whose recipe is still orange to me. It is impossible to tell without much more data if its just random, or level does in fact affect it.

garflin
12.30.2011 , 12:08 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravaran View Post
Yeah, but I still learn blues sometimes in one-shot from greens whose recipe is still orange to me. It is impossible to tell without much more data if its just random, or level does in fact affect it.
Agree, no facts to support my supposition, just observations of experience. I've gotten lucky getting advanced schematics on the first try from a same-level item, while other times I've still not learned a prototype with numerous tries. However, I seem to learn lower level prototype schematics more reliably. But that could just be random luck.