Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BH Firelust

Rahuran
12.13.2011 , 06:28 PM | #1
Alright, so during beta I noticed the fire effects for Bounty Hunters were really lovely. I also noticed there is a Pyrotech shared tree. My question is, can you make a bounty hunter that primarily uses fire as a means of killing? You know, flamethrowers, firebombs, the works.

Jude_Tavira
12.13.2011 , 06:31 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Rahuran View Post
Alright, so during beta I noticed the fire effects for Bounty Hunters were really lovely. I also noticed there is a Pyrotech shared tree. My question is, can you make a bounty hunter that primarily uses fire as a means of killing? You know, flamethrowers, firebombs, the works.
wouldn't that be the Pyrotech?
Bounty Hunter, baby. I'm only here for fortune, and fame.. in that order.

ICFBounty
12.13.2011 , 06:34 PM | #3
Yes, you would roll a Powertech and Spec into the Pyrotech tree(formerly Firebug). This is basically an up close and personal melee spec that focuses on buffing your weapons- i.e. Flamethrower etc.
Peace is an illusion..

Rahuran
12.13.2011 , 06:47 PM | #4
Thanks for the help. Videos on youtube were terribly inconclusive

ICFBounty
12.13.2011 , 10:27 PM | #5
Anytime. All this advanced class/ skill tree stuff is confusing. Some of the base skills, talent tree skills, and advanced class skills are getting mixed up in the videos.
Peace is an illusion..

Rikalonius
12.13.2011 , 11:30 PM | #6
I find myself flame throwing a bunch of guys and yelling "Fire! Fire! He-he-he, fire, fire, fire!"

JohnAntilles
12.14.2011 , 02:05 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ICFBounty View Post
Yes, you would roll a Powertech and Spec into the Pyrotech tree(formerly Firebug). This is basically an up close and personal melee spec that focuses on buffing your weapons- i.e. Flamethrower etc.
Actually...this is not a very correct statement at all.

The Pyrotech spec actually has the longest potential range out of any of the Powertech skill tree's, and has ZERO buffs to the channeled ability Flamethrower. It is much more about using Incendiary Missile, Flame Burst, Thermal Detonator and Railshot.

However, Advanced Prototype wants to stay with 10m at all times, and does buff the Flamethrower ability massively, as well as having a high damage flame attack as its 31 point skill.
Rolen Vekk ||| Mandalorian Powertech ||| Mandalore the Indomitable
"My vengeance was never in question. The Sith have simply made it profitable."

Acharial
12.14.2011 , 02:07 AM | #8
Powertech is melee with all specs, and advanced prototype has some realy fire stuff. Immolation, fire burst and flamethrowers.

Mercernary on the other hand does not use much fire, mostly missles.