Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone waiting to play consular until...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Anyone waiting to play consular until...

-GateKeeper-
12.14.2011 , 08:31 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ZiggyTank View Post
I may wait a bit till they come out with more information on legacy rewards, but for now I think I'll be rolling a tank. Played consular during beta which was fun. The inquisitor storyline is very interesting, but I wouldn't want to have two healers. I guess I'll have more time to level alts in the meantime. . . and also pray for pants.
Just to clarify a bit here. Both Sage and Sorcerer can be mass spike DPS.

For Sorcerer if you go down the Madness tree you will have amazingly high damage AOE dots and Crowd Control. If you go down Lightning you will have a High spike damage and AOE ability's with a highly reasonable chance for quick cool downs and doubled effects.

The same deal goes for Sage. Except the ability's are named differently and have slightly different effects but the damage scales pretty much the same. HIGH SPIKE or Aoe Dot with good CC.

TOR is unique in the fact that all it's classes can fill at least 2 or 3 rolls with equal efficiency based on which of the three skill trees you decide to go down for your chosen advanced class. The only real exception to this is some classes may do something slightly better than others, but the gap is not all that large. For instance in beta I ran into a smuggler who was spec'd to be a healer and he out healed most of the better sages I'd run into. So it is completely feasible to play your Sage one way and your Sorcerer in another or vice versa, thereby giving you a different gaming experience each time as well as a different storyline. This game definitely has very rich and open ended classes.

There is no specified class for one specific role nor another. I mean a few of the ranged classes can be primary tanks in this game for yoda's sake. So keep your mind open and don't be afraid to make a run through with two of the same class played differently if that is what you think you'd truly enjoy.

Now as far as waiting to play your favored class goes until new races come out, while I do think they have some pretty cool races in game now, I know I have my hopes set on some day playing a Nautolan. So as far as this goes I will just have to say to each his/her own.This is just my ten cent's and a rough examination of the question you've asked.

I hope this helps you in your decision.
"Two there should be. No more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it."
- Darth Bane to Zannah

zacharySW
12.14.2011 , 08:31 AM | #12
I would guess that with the release of a new race would come the option of a race change (with fee).

Adding a new race with a race change fee is an enormous income generator that I couldn't see them passing on.

Scithronax
12.14.2011 , 08:41 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by -GateKeeper- View Post

Now as far as waiting to play your favored class goes until new races come out, while I do think they have some pretty cool races in game now, I know I have my hopes set on some day playing a Nautolan. So as far as this goes I will just have to say to each his/her own.

I hope this helps you in your decision.
Oh man how I agree. I love Nautolans! Kit Fisto for life! I was very dissapointed in not being able to play one.
THE GENERATIONALS
Havoc Squad Commando

Combat Medic

-GateKeeper-
12.14.2011 , 08:46 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Scithronax View Post
Oh man how I agree. I love Nautolans! Kit Fisto for life! I was very dissapointed in not being able to play one.
Aye! So was I.
"Two there should be. No more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it."
- Darth Bane to Zannah