Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please introduce dual spec ASAP

Ultrazen
12.24.2011 , 12:07 PM | #1
For one very important reason, it would solve the looking for healer problem.

1. Specing heals isn't enough of a boost to healing to justify it as your only spec.

2. You tend to spend 90% of the game soloing missions, and having only a heal spec slows the game down quite a bit.

3. Constantly respecing isn't really a viable option long term for many reasons.

This game really could benefit from dual spec.

LexiCazam
12.30.2011 , 07:01 AM | #2
Because the previous thread has exceeded our normal threshold for thread length, we've started this new thread for the community to discuss this topic.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:
  1. No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  2. Please stay on topic.
  3. Please express your opinion and thoughts in a constructive, respectful manner.
  4. If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.
  5. Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is trolling, please use the Flag function to report their post.

Thank you!

Rheinland
12.30.2011 , 07:13 AM | #3
Dual spec is just a quality of life item similiar to mounts. They already have credit and time sinks involved for acquiring mounts. I'd just say to give dual spec a lofty goal. Req. level 50 and 2,000,000 credits. The way its set up now if someone really wants to respec constantly its just going to be a time and money sink so make acquiring the feature exactly that.

Calgetorix
12.30.2011 , 07:39 AM | #4
I still want to see some of the pro dual-spec people come up with a good explanation why dual-spec is different than dual-AC.

Both lead to different play styles/abilities/etc. I can't see how you logically can be pro dual-spec, anti dual-AC. Of course it's fine to assume the pro dual-spec, pro dual-AC position but I would argue that it waters down the classes and choices (which I'm not the first one to point out though).

Rheinland
12.30.2011 , 07:43 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Calgetorix View Post
I still want to see some of the pro dual-spec people come up with a good explanation why dual-spec is different than dual-AC.

Both lead to different play styles/abilities/etc. I can't see how you logically can be pro dual-spec, anti dual-AC. Of course it's fine to assume the pro dual-spec, pro dual-AC position but I would argue that it waters down the classes and choices (which I'm not the first one to point out though).
Wouldnt have an issue with that give it the same grind as everything else thats Quality of Life gets.

waytooidle
12.30.2011 , 07:43 AM | #6
I'd have to say no to dual spec.

Leveling a healer myself there are no issues playing this type of class in SWTOR (unlike that the OP is suggesting). The companions make it possible to level without too much trouble. I don't feel I'm behind any of my friends / guildies just because I'm playing a healer.

Dual spec leads to:

- DPS players pretending to be a tank / healer
- They are not speced correctly
- Do not have the right gear to play that class
- Most importantly have no clue on the mechanics of how to play that class.

There are plenty of tanks and healers in this game, the question is as a player do you want that sort of responsibility at end game..

Most people don't so they role the DPS option...

HavenAE
12.30.2011 , 07:51 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Calgetorix View Post

Because AC is essentially a different class entirely for some classes. You're looking at it like there are only 8 classes when there are actually 16.

Look at the enormous difference in playstyle between Assassin/shadow and sorcerer/sage. One is essentially a mage and the other a rogue type class.

Now the difference in play style in say a Deception assassin and a darkness assassin (dps and tank) is not so much a difference as shifting from nearly all melee to ranged.

Dualspec would allow more tanks and healers while keeping you confined to the advanced class you chose since every class has a selection where you could shift between.

Also some classes, a dual AC system would make no sense. Why would a shadow consular be able to be completely into the force and then at a moments notice be able to switch to more of a lightsaber fighter?

Aside from that it would completely remove the reason to want to re-level a classes to choose a different AC, thus you're effectively killing leveling longevity. People stop rolling new toons, they get bored, they quit.

As an example, I played WoW on and off for 6 years. I had several capped toons, I participated heavily in endgame content but if I had no reason to go back and make alts and learn new things while leveling I wouldn't have played for as long as I did.

Dual-spec, fine.

Dual-AC no way in hell would I want that.

As for the OP, I would like to see dual-spec.

But at this juncture I think Bioware needs to focus more on fixing technical issues with the game before they start implementing and adding new features.
Have a complaint? Click this link before posting.

http://mrlizard.com/rants/why-havent...ixed-this-bug/

Valkirus
12.30.2011 , 07:51 AM | #8
I will throw my 3 cents ( inflation ) worth in and say "no" to dual spec. Choices should make a major difference in TOR. I think one of the things which has lead to the slow degrade of WoW is the addition of dual spec.
Trust is something which is earned.

Granyala
12.30.2011 , 07:54 AM | #9
Dualspec will come. But honestly I wouldn't expect it in the next 12 months. The game is still fresh many things are in flux, from a DEVs PoV introducing Dualspec now might have many unforseeable consequences.

BW will probably just wait a while till things calm down before they introduce anything game changing.
And the people shall deliver the wicked under your divine judgement.
Where their sins will be weighed in balance with all that is just and true.

-Hallowed are the Ori-

Hokonoso
12.30.2011 , 07:55 AM | #10
money sink it, but dont limit us to 2 specs, rift allowed 5 but they cost so much most ppl only had 3-4 tops.
What is democrazy? It is a government in which the ruling power is given to whoever is most skillful at directing the herd instincts of the largest masses of their most ignorant citizens.
--Nom Anor