Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Kyrandis
01.08.2012 , 10:38 PM | #691
With rated warzones coming out, I rolled the actual OP class to replace my scoundrel in case of a kneejerk nerf(yaknow the one that makes them beyond useless).

Heavy Armor: Yes please
High Damage: Yes Please
The Best AoE Knockback: Yes that too please
A second Knockback: Wait why didn't i roll this first
1:30 CC removal: WUT?
A BFG: Seriously?

I think the nerf order will be, OP/Scoundrels, Sage/Sorcs, Shadow/Assassins, BH/Troopers, and Then Warrior/Knights. Just trying to stay three steps ahead.

And then once we remove all the burst in the game we can whine about healers again and how no one can kill them. And then just before they nerf Knights I can respec and have my trooper healing just before the healing nerf.

Edit: I wonder if bioware will tell everyone to play something other than DPS. I can tell you something. Full champion gear and I generally crit for around 4-5k on sorcs. I open up on a sorc healer, fight goes on for a while, tank guards him, taunts me. Just after that I dirty kick after the resovle bar empties, disappearing act into another opener. Yeah critted him for a whopping 900ish damage. Fun times.
Rock and Paper are fine, nerf scissors.
- Paper

Reeny
01.08.2012 , 10:43 PM | #692
Operatives are too strong when they get the jump on u.

I'm a lvl 50 with some Champion's gear and my health goes down 60% after the initial stun.
This was not even another lvl 50 hitting me... it was a 32.

Operatives need to have their damage reduced and stun duration cut short.

ArchAUstin
01.08.2012 , 11:18 PM | #693
Video of a jedi shadow doing 6.2k backstabs with 6.6k white hits right after.

Except jedi shadow has much more defense, gap closers and utility than we do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GmVuhHJVg8

THere is also a video on the forum of a sentinal doing 7k force sweeps AoE.

Its not scoundrels that are OP its the Consumables with trinkets stacking.

themainamigo
01.09.2012 , 12:55 AM | #694
Quote: Originally Posted by Shortcake View Post
there will be no major nerf, im afraid you'll have to l2p your own class
I hope for the games sake their is. I just cancelled my subscription and gave operative/scoundrel as the primary reason, along with hitboxing being messed up (10 yds mellee hits any1?) and abilty lag.

I'll subscribe after they fix the balance. Go figure.

LaManoNera
01.09.2012 , 01:03 AM | #695
Quote: Originally Posted by Lashkor View Post
More Denial. I wonder who needs to L2P more... the Operative who thinks that his class is overpowered and needs a nerf or the one who thinks it's fine and balanced...

I will say one thing, there aren't a giant number of threads on the front page of the PvP forum calling for nerfs on any class except Operatives/Scoundrels.

Everyone else sees it, why are you so blind?
Stealth classes are always the ones people scream NERFFFF! at. You ever play an MMO before?
♥ Love ♥
Definition: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

GrinNfool
01.09.2012 , 01:17 AM | #696
Quote: Originally Posted by themainamigo View Post
I hope for the games sake their is. I just cancelled my subscription and gave operative/scoundrel as the primary reason, along with hitboxing being messed up (10 yds mellee hits any1?) and abilty lag.

I'll subscribe after they fix the balance. Go figure.
Gonna go ahead and just say you are a bad making a knee jerk reaction. Honestly the pvp is relatively balanced, there are a few specs that need some tweaking, but nothing major and certainly nothing major for Op/Scoundrel. When everyone is running around with 16k+ HP(and I promise you you will be after a couple weeks at 50) the 4.3k burst an Op/scoundrel hits you for with your expertise gear won't feel like its that much. You and the other people like you are having knee jerk reactions because you are either sub 50 getting hit by an op/scoundrel with expertise gear, or a fresh 50 with the same issue, and freak out because some one owned you.

Patience? forget that! That guy killed me he is totally OP screw seeing how the gear fixes the issue! Swear forums are nothing but a bunch of whining 5 year olds with no clue what they are doing. I dearly hope bioware ignores posts like this, later when everyone has 16k+ hp and expertise gear and ops/scoundrels are opening for 3k backstab/blasting for 2k because they listened to whiners and nerfed them without waiting for the gear to equalize them they will be a total joke and free kill.

Cessio
01.09.2012 , 01:17 AM | #697
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabbathius View Post
The problem isn't Operative or damage, the problem is HEALING.

I'm playing a healing Operative, and I have a slightly lower level healing Merc. And this is true with quite a few classes.

If I get a Marauder on top of my Operative healer, I can live for a little while as I pop my two defensive CDs, or I can try to escape with the cloak, but I cannot just stand there and outheal his damaage. Same goes for a Merc that spams tracers and then does a heatseeker/unload/rail combo when I'm debuffed.

Healing in this game, especially in PvP, needs some serious changes to make it attractive. I mean, look at the medals. Healers get absolutely SHAFTED in the medals department. We get what, one for a 2.5k+ heal and one for 75k and what else? Nothing. Meanwhile, DPS classes get one for a kill, one for solo kill, one for 10 kills, one for 20 kills, one for 75k damage, etc. Most matches as DPS you get 5+ without even trying. As a tank, you get 7+ just for keeping guard up on people.

As a healer I have abandon my chosen role and go on a killing spree mid-match just to get the same commendations as a tracer-missile-spamming moron.

Now, i only healed on my sorc. But your just doing something wrong

You can easily get killing blow, 10/25 kills. Even a solo kill.
300k+ healing 5k heal, defender points.. I usually gets around 7medals as a healer.. Stop whining and improve, sorry.

themainamigo
01.09.2012 , 01:37 AM | #698
Quote: Originally Posted by Cessio View Post
Now, i only healed on my sorc. But your just doing something wrong

You can easily get killing blow, 10/25 kills. Even a solo kill.
300k+ healing 5k heal, defender points.. I usually gets around 7medals as a healer.. Stop whining and improve, sorry.
If these were equal geared lvl 50's doing it fair play, but lvl 40's are doing it just as easy and I'm level 50 with a couple champion pieces, It just shouldn't be like that. The ability delay/lag issues just accentuate the problem. I'm getting disheartened more and more and I've played mmo's for many years. I just don't want to pay to get upset. Both 1v1 and group pvp need to have some balance imo and a level 50 operative with equal gear really facerolls me. I'm sure I would do the same if I had rolled this class. I doubt I'm the only one who's had this reaction and it's this reaction that will get noticed more than pointing it out on these forums I think($$$).

If people ain't happy they just wont play I guess and I'm not very happy. Got 10 days play time left, I'll make some videos. I do know how to play but you will see me getting dropped in 3-4 seconds even when I trinket the stun.

themainamigo
01.09.2012 , 02:23 AM | #699
And this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guhxGoGSEns

An honest operative showing how easily he destroys everybody. some 10 levels lower pretty much do this to my lvl 50 sorc, only replace the 5k crits with 4k, still down me in a few seconds.

If this isn't enough to stop the l2p comments comming from some of you then you clearly just want to remain OP...

Crujido
01.09.2012 , 02:28 AM | #700
Its the consumables. Not the class.