Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Revan-the-knight
01.05.2012 , 06:10 AM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by Zetara View Post
Maybe you need to PVP more. They are not OP, their damage does not need to be turned down, it needs to be high because they can do nothing else. If you target them while they are uncloaked, you mince them.

They are nowhere NEAR the gods of PVP. Go and actually PVP. Every class has something that seems overpowered. Every. One.
i just hope Marauders get a slight buff, i may just suck at PVP, but still, we get one AOE stun and its cooldown is way to high, either we get more stuns or atleast more stunbreakers with additional healing/beneficial effects
Chose a Marauder, Not because they are OP, i chose it because its the closest thing to Revan as you can get, Revanites Unite!

The Vaner Legacy

themainamigo
01.05.2012 , 08:34 AM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by Awrini View Post
Wow man, he's 32... too bad you don't get shoot first until 36... and hell. thats also when you can put the talent in to give it a knockdown.

Try being truthful.

Else, you're doing it wrong.
I dont play his class, I just know he kills me easily. I have a pretty decent chance with all the other classes. My bad he's lvl 37, i'm 46 now.... No need to lie, countless others saying the same thing. Your just upset because truth hurts man....

astrocanis
01.05.2012 , 08:44 AM | #523
Quote: Originally Posted by Dietyz View Post
if you dont have your cds and he does then he SHOULD kill you, how do you not understand that?
so then it's your position that without extraordinary or cooldown based abilities, every class should just lay down and die to Ops? Really?

If you don't have your CDs, he SHOULD kill you? WoW - all Ops need now is mind control to get you to blow your cooldowns. In fact, why bother to play the fight out - how about if your cooldowns are down and he targets you, you just die?

I've seen this before from OP class players trying to ~reason~ their way through. Eventually it boils down to "Don't cry! The best PLAYERS play the OP class of the month."

Laikacosmo
01.05.2012 , 08:48 AM | #524
Quote: Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post
so then it's your position that without extraordinary or cooldown based abilities, every class should just lay down and die to Ops? Really?

If you don't have your CDs, he SHOULD kill you?
lol.

Yes, my escape w/ a 2 min CD is the only thing that can prevent me from getting insta-gibbed, so if I blow that on, say, the other 500 forms of CC that are being flug around like poo in a chimp enclosure, I deserve to be "skilled" by an Op.

johnnyomara
01.05.2012 , 08:51 AM | #525
Quote: Originally Posted by Bandelederen View Post
So me and another level 50 runs op to cap this point in the Alderaan warzone. Out of nowhere this scoundrel opens up and obliterates the other lvl 50 before I can even react. He then vanishes and opens up on me with a stun.
Were you busy making a sandwich? Maybe if you had CCed/Healed/Killed the Op/AT LEAST PUT A BLEED ON HIM SO HE CAN'T VANISH!? you wouldn't be on the forums right now QQing about how you and your bad friend got wrecked 2v1

kiroshei
01.05.2012 , 09:01 AM | #526
These "please dont nerf us" excuses always make me laugh. Remember when ret paladin was OP for 24 hours during 3.0 patch. All the rets said the same thing. We're fine. L2P. NOOBS! lol

What happened? They got nerfed. Like they should.

I have full pvp champ gear and an op/scoundrel can down me in 5 seconds. 4 of those seconds is spent on the ground trying to get back up. Sure, you're right, i can trinket out and break cc. Been there. Done that. Still dead. I guess i should save all my cooldowns, stims and stuns for op/scoundrel alone. During all that mad chaos of ability delay pvp i'll have to spend ample amounts of time checking the enemy team for ops/scoundrels so i know if its ok to use an electrocute or cc breaker. Yep. Not OP at all.

LAWL @ those that say they didnt know op/scoundrel was over powered during beta. Beta forums were riddled with the fact they were the most faceroll OP class in the game.

Half of the debates in here about how balanced they are are based on 1v1 scenerios. So just throw in an op/scoundrel along with hmmm i dont know ....ANY CLASS IN THE GAME and you're DEAD

DED

DEAD! k thanks bye gg

Enjoy the bat its going to hit you hard. Crying about how sorc is OP isnt going to save you either. Rets said the same thing about mages in their defense. Didnt work. C'est La Vie.

A lvl 15 op/scoundrels backstab hits harder then a lvl 50 assassin's maul with the armor pen buff up. <----THINK about it.

Laikacosmo
01.05.2012 , 09:05 AM | #527
Separate KD from DD & tone down the damage and we're golden. All there is to it.

If you cry about that, you really are terrible.

Sevvy
01.05.2012 , 09:09 AM | #528
Quote: Originally Posted by kiroshei View Post
Enjoy the bat its going to hit you hard. Crying about how sorc is OP isnt going to save you either. Rets said the same thing about mages in their defense. Didnt work. C'est La Vie.

A lvl 15 op/scoundrels backstab hits harder then a lvl 50 assassin's maul with the armor pen buff up. <----THINK about it.
If Bioware is smart, they'll ignore the cryfest on the forums from the lowbies, bads, etc. And they'll look at how Operative does in a 8v8 with 50s with PvP gear kind of setup.

When I stealth up to a healer, who is Guarded and has smart DPS next to him, do you think I just 3-shot him and run away?

No. But facerollers and tunnel-visioning bads don't understand how to play with a group, as a group, and win.

It's funny how people are likening Operatives to Vanilla WoW Rogues. There were so many, that I spec'd into a Rogue killing spec and pounded their faces in. I didn't cry about them once on the forums. Wahhhhh.
Lag *** Powertech *** Helm of Graush
Sevv *** Sentinel *** Helm of Graush
<Hutts Don't Have Feet>

BobaFurz
01.05.2012 , 09:11 AM | #529
These "please dont nerf us" excuses always make me laugh. Remember when ret paladin was OP for 24 hours during 3.0 patch. All the rets said the same thing. We're fine. L2P. NOOBS! lol

I have full pvp champ gear and an op/scoundrel can down me in 5 seconds. 4 of those seconds is spent on the ground trying to get back up. Sure, you're right, i can trinket out and break cc. Been there. Done that. Still dead. I guess i should save all my cooldowns, stims and stuns for op/scoundrel alone. During all that mad chaos of ability delay pvp i'll have to spend ample amounts of time checking the enemy team for ops/scoundrels so i know if its ok to use an electrocute or cc breaker. Yep. Not OP at all.

LAWL @ those that say they didnt know op/scoundrel was over powered during beta. Beta forums were riddled with the fact they were the most faceroll OP class in the game.

Half of the debates in here about how balanced they are are based on 1v1 scenerios. So just throw in an op/scoundrel along with hmmm i dont know ....ANY CLASS IN THE GAME and you're DEAD

DED

DEAD! k thanks bye gg

What you write here is not right...

First off a lvl 15 op/scoundrel has a way lower dmg output than a lvl 50 assassin. Already at lvl 28 a shadow can dish out almost 5k dmg with Maul+Shock if it crits and roflstomps any operative/scoundrel at this lvl. Play a lvl 15 op/sc yourself, you have 2 melee attacks wiht 6 seconds and 9 seconds cooldown.

Second, the bubble of a Sage/Sorcerer absorbs the whole dmg of a stealth attack...if you dont have your bubble up its your fault. The bubble is so powerfull that it can absorb amazing dmg doesnt matter if 2k or 5k dmg, but you probably dont know about this since you are used to your own overpowered class from lvl 10-50. If you have heal specced and an operative doesnt get you down in short time, you just heal up and there is nothing what the op can do, especially if you have guard on your from tank players.....

I play a sorcerer aswell....maybe you should start playing an operative/scoundrel to see whats really going on. If a class gets nerfed than the sorcerer aswell, they are very powerfull from lvl 10 already on to lvl 50....play other classes aswell and do pvp with them and not only theorycrafting. At lvl 16 my sorcerers lightning with slow effect did tick already for almost 900, ...way too easy to pvp with it if you have your shields always up. Sorcerer are topping the charts with dmg + heal together in one form....combine that with guard and we know who is actually the powerfull class.

The problem is that people complain only from their own view but dont know how other classes are doing in pvp, play all classes to at least lvl 15 and an alt to higher lvls to see whats going on.
STAR WARS
RETURN OF TEH HUTTBALL

Masahiko
01.05.2012 , 09:11 AM | #530

DED

DEAD! k thanks bye gg

His back stab is up in 9 sec. Figure out a way to kill him

And bolster is a lot better than you think.
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.

Sun-tzu, The Art of War