Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Knifewrench
01.05.2012 , 02:29 AM | #511
Quote: Originally Posted by Sigmah View Post
Things my full champion gear smuggler cant burst to death

-People who are not dumb and trinket my first stun and proceed own me because my ambush ALWAYS RESOLVES PEOPLE.[/I]
In which case you kite them while still hitting 2k per instant cast, wait until white bar depletes, blind, stealth, continue. Too hard.

I should add something here, as a question to all good geared scoundrels/op... when were you NOT able to kill anyone who was unable to pop their trinket as soon as they were whitebarred? Because anyone getting caught in that stunlock chain is totally ****ed. Even if they pop all defensive CDs they don't have enough health left 1v1 to stand a chance.
War Hero with a bounty on him by his own faction. Aren't I popular.

Awrini
01.05.2012 , 02:41 AM | #512
Try the dirty fighting tree. that shrapnel grenade is pretty troll for cap prevention

Rambuster
01.05.2012 , 02:51 AM | #513
Quote: Originally Posted by Zetara View Post
Maybe you need to PVP more. They are not OP, their damage does not need to be turned down, it needs to be high because they can do nothing else. If you target them while they are uncloaked, you mince them.

They are nowhere NEAR the gods of PVP. Go and actually PVP. Every class has something that seems overpowered. Every. One.

/agree

For us to be gods in pvp we would need a gab closer, but we dont so we got damage. end of story.

Warriors got there charge to get back into battle. sins got there speed boost. sorcs, merc BHs and snipers got insane range. powertech BHs got graple. what do Ops have.....nothing. You knock us off a ledge in huttball and we have to run all they way back up at normal run speed cause we are in combat, by the time we get back up the fight is either over or has moved some where else.

Shendaar
01.05.2012 , 05:26 AM | #514
I wouldn't consider a class that has stealth and several CC abilities to be a class that can do nothing but damage. Personally, I also see Stealth as a gap closer as it allows you close the distance with the enemy since they don't know you are coming. Obviously stealth is not as effective as say Force Charge when it comes to just closing the cap, but Stealth can also be used defensively and you also have to keep in mind that the Operative is actually capable of putting out some decent damage from range, which is not something that the Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight class can do.

This is entirely anecdotal, but I started playing an Operative tonight and even at level 10-14 with green gear and barely any abilities, I still managed several times to reach ~170K damage in Warzones which is pretty much on par with what I can do with my Vengeance specced level 50 Sith Juggernaut with several pieces of champ gear. Hell I even soloed a lvl50 Jedi Guardian, though I admit he didn't really seem to know what he was doing. Even at such low levels, I already feel quite effective and looking at the talent trees, I only see the class getting significantly better as I level up.

Is the class over-powered? I am inclined to think that it is, but we also have classes like the Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight class that are in desperate need of a buff, so how much of a nerf is required I am not sure yet.

Kayse
01.05.2012 , 05:29 AM | #515
They are not op, and i get ganked by them all the time..If you seriously cant just stealth scan or aoe an area, or pop your movement skill, then you probably deserve to die. I get operatives on me all time, including the top 2 on my server right now, and i still can get them off me and kill them even after an ambush. Just use your skills, kite them even...if u can stay 5m away from them they can't even stab you.
The <Stormdust> Legacy - Ebon Hawk
Griever/Vasuki- Sentinel Gabranth - Marauder
Nizome - Vanguard Bebop - Mercenary Metraton - Shadow
(R60 1/14/12 R60 2/14/12 R60 4/26/12)

BobaFurz
01.05.2012 , 05:40 AM | #516
Quote: Originally Posted by Shendaar View Post
I wouldn't consider a class that has stealth and several CC abilities to be a class that can do nothing but damage. Personally, I also see Stealth as a gap closer as it allows you close the distance with the enemy since they don't know you are coming. Obviously stealth is not as effective as say Force Charge when it comes to just closing the cap, but Stealth can also be used defensively and you also have to keep in mind that the Operative is actually capable of putting out some decent damage from range, which is not something that the Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight class can do.

This is entirely anecdotal, but I started playing an Operative tonight and even at level 10-14 with green gear and barely any abilities, I still managed several times to reach ~170K damage in Warzones which is pretty much on par with what I can do with my Vengeance specced level 50 Sith Juggernaut with several pieces of champ gear. Hell I even soloed a lvl50 Jedi Guardian, though I admit he didn't really seem to know what he was doing. Even at such low levels, I already feel quite effective and looking at the talent trees, I only see the class getting significantly better as I level up.

Is the class over-powered? I am inclined to think that it is, but we also have classes like the Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight class that are in desperate need of a buff, so how much of a nerf is required I am not sure yet.
With lvl 10-14 you have only 2 melee attacks on 6/9 sec timer...the dmg you do is with rifle fire, nades and whatver but not with close combat. Operatives are quiete weak in lower lvl pvp in comparison to other classes....downing a lvl 50 no way if the player has at least some skill.
STAR WARS
RETURN OF TEH HUTTBALL

Shendaar
01.05.2012 , 05:41 AM | #517
Quote: Originally Posted by Kayse View Post
They are not op, and i get ganked by them all the time..If you seriously cant just stealth scan or aoe an area, or pop your movement skill, then you probably deserve to die. I get operatives on me all time, including the top 2 on my server right now, and i still can get them off me and kill them even after an ambush. Just use your skills, kite them even...if u can stay 5m away from them they can't even stab you.
That's easy to say when you play a ranged class. As a Sith Warrior, maybe you could enlighten me as to what stealth scan, aoe and movement skill you are referring too. Also, staying away from them isn't going to help me kill the guy.

Grizwall
01.05.2012 , 05:43 AM | #518
So these guys are the rogues of TOR? You would think the makers of this game wouldn't have made the same mistake.

Bipolar
01.05.2012 , 06:06 AM | #519
I completely disagree with this post. If this is the case, then the Sorcerers should be removed from the game completely...it'd be easier to do this than deal with the aftermath of the massive nerf that is required.

Learn to play against the scoundrel, don't just ask for a nerf. I am at level 41 and I am finally starting to even up with the BH and SI on power.

Shendaar
01.05.2012 , 06:07 AM | #520
Quote: Originally Posted by BobaFurz View Post
With lvl 10-14 you have only 2 melee attacks on 6/9 sec timer...the dmg you do is with rifle fire, nades and whatver but not with close combat. Operatives are quiete weak in lower lvl pvp in comparison to other classes....downing a lvl 50 no way if the player has at least some skill.
Basic rifle fire does a surprising amount of damage. It'll often crit for 500ish a tick and considering we're talking about a free high range attack with no cooldown, this is pretty darn good. I know I can't put out that much damage with Assault on my Warrior and I have to be in melee range.