Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Telos's Avatar


Telos
01.05.2012 , 01:15 AM | #501
mmo pvp has always... ALWAYS been determined by burst damage.

/thread
SOONERS

biowareftw's Avatar


biowareftw
01.05.2012 , 01:24 AM | #502
Quote: Originally Posted by Telos View Post
mmo pvp has always... ALWAYS been determined by burst damage.

/thread
Wrong mmo's have been determined by healers using a small percentage of their class abilities ever since UO died and "utility classes" were put in games, so kids could roll them and call for nerfs on any dps that kills them.

In this game it is healers and tanks. If they held a 8 on 8 championship that was sponsored right now want to know the only "burst class" that a team would have on it?

Assassin/shadow. Why? Cus guard makes healing absolute faceroll due to shared dmg and aoe heals and the fact that half the CC's in this game break on dmg and are completely negated by guard. Add to that assassin/shadow is about the only melee in this game that can completely shut down a healer with interupts/knockbacks. Op/scoundrel hits a full resolve bar on their opener which = fail.

Tanks and healers run this game in premades. Keep calling for nerfs on burst though lol. The only MMO that had sponsored tourneys people cared about was WoW. How many times did burst classes win? It was all heal cleaves (high survival melee) or PMR where the rogue was basically going crazy with focus macros and was there to basically just control people and only bursting on a kill opportunity with every cooldown and trinket blown.

Your post is exactly what I would expect from someone who prob got farmed by arcane mages in the sub 1500 bracket.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

Teabaker's Avatar


Teabaker
01.05.2012 , 01:26 AM | #503
Yea, the Game will be dominated by Juggernauts/Guardians with Guarded healers, maybe one or two sentinels for the Buffs.

biowareftw's Avatar


biowareftw
01.05.2012 , 01:33 AM | #504
Quote: Originally Posted by Teabaker View Post
Yea, the Game will be dominated by Juggernauts/Guardians with Guarded healers, maybe one or two sentinels for the Buffs.
Vanguards/powertechs TANK SPECCED to pull into melee cleave and to one shot ball carriers in huttball.

Guardians/jugs focus specced for cleave and provide guard and taunts.

Best AOE healer due to guard making dmg low.

Assassin/shadow dps specced to interupt/lockout heals and also the best hutball carriers.

MAYBE one sent/marauder as a buff bot/mstrike. If you have one of these you would make the assassin/shadow a tank for huttball carrying.

Grats you just hit 2200 (if that was the rating you needed to hit) in this game. As faceroll as it gets. You bypass all aoe CC and CC that breaks on dmg due to guard.

What do people cry about? Hybrid heal dps specs. Got to love it.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

Viikuna's Avatar


Viikuna
01.05.2012 , 02:07 AM | #505
Quote: Originally Posted by Bandelederen View Post
Alot of scoundrels here.
I played Commando, now i play Vanguard that my friend have got the game and we play together.

I say Scounder/Operative is not OP.

BHs crits 4k+ on me all the time. I've even eaten combo of 4.5k + 6.2k crits from a 50lvl Marauder that instakilled me because i wasn't at full health at the time (and i'm not at 50 myself so no expertise to lower that dmg).

I've also critted 4.2k on 15lvl Sniper while in a warzone....

And on my Commando i was never killed 1v1 against equal level (or even slightly higher lvl) scoundrel/operative. I wait for the second stun, use my skill to remove it. Now i'm immune to stuns and at around 45-60% hp. I pop knockback (concussion charge) and he's away from melee range and is snared. Now i can simply run away or pop Reactive Shield (skill points makes me immune to casting pushback and interrupts while it's active) and heal myself up (and keep it there) untill my team kills the sneaky guy.

Cozaar's Avatar


Cozaar
01.05.2012 , 02:10 AM | #506
Quote: Originally Posted by Viikuna View Post
I played Commando, now i play Vanguard that my friend have got the game and we play together.

I say Scounder/Operative is not OP.

BHs crits 4k+ on me all the time. I've even eaten combo of 4.5k + 6.2k crits from a 50lvl Marauder that instakilled me because i wasn't at full health at the time (and i'm not at 50 myself so no expertise to lower that dmg).

I've also critted 4.2k on 15lvl Sniper while in a warzone....

And on my Commando i was never killed 1v1 against equal level (or even slightly higher lvl) scoundrel/operative. I wait for the second stun, use my skill to remove it. Now i'm immune to stuns and at around 45-60% hp. I pop knockback (concussion charge) and he's away from melee range and is snared. Now i can simply run away or pop Reactive Shield (skill points makes me immune to casting pushback and interrupts while it's active) and heal myself up (and keep it there) untill my team kills the sneaky guy.

Thats great that you can get random high crits. Ops / scoundrel can reliably own somebody, even level 50s geared for pvp.

Sigmah's Avatar


Sigmah
01.05.2012 , 02:17 AM | #507
Things my full champion gear smuggler cant burst to death

-Tanks
-Anything with a sorcerer/sage bubble
-Anyone who is gaurded
-Tanks
-Anything I do not crit on. Crits are my life, no crit no kill.
-DPS specced Tanks
-People who are not dumb and trinket my first stun and proceed own me because my ambush ALWAYS RESOLVES PEOPLE.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Viikuna's Avatar


Viikuna
01.05.2012 , 02:21 AM | #508
Quote: Originally Posted by Cozaar View Post
Thats great that you can get random high crits. Ops / scoundrel can reliably own somebody, even level 50s geared for pvp.
Never seen that done. I've seen couple try. But they have failed either a) because i heal their target (it is not 1v1 game) or b) once i'm immune to CC, they cannot interrupt my heals, if they go for me.

Maybe in pure 1v1 fight, but who cares really?
Commando + Vanguard holding half of the Empire team next to the right side turret for 4mins while rest of our team caps middle and left side sure does more for the team than 1 scoundrel killing someone 1v1.

And getting ~4k crits on low lvl sniper is not a random... All the crits on it will be around 4k with ambush. Unless you're foolish enough to target 50lvls with high expertise. My point was that, a ranged class can do higher dmg numbers.

Awrini's Avatar


Awrini
01.05.2012 , 02:24 AM | #509
What would you say if i told you one scoundrel could do the same?

Sigmah's Avatar


Sigmah
01.05.2012 , 02:26 AM | #510
Quote: Originally Posted by Awrini View Post
What would you say if i told you one scoundrel could do the same?
One scoundrel cannot hold half the team in one place, they get vaporized. Except for me. But thats because I stealth and taunt the other team in /say. God bless the man who let us communicate like that. The doo doo talking I have done, is enormous.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.