Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Svensy
12.30.2011 , 07:51 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Endel View Post
Good to see a voice of sanity among so many raging posts.

3/4 of players have not reached lvl 50 yet and they are first to come and rage that this and that is OP.

Let's just wait and see shall we?
I reached a level 50 bountyhunter bodyguard.
I've got 7.25% expertise, 33% damage reduction from armor.
And an 50 operative can bring me to 50% while I'm in his stun. We don't always have all our CDs to pop, and unless we do, we're good as dead. How is that balanced.

BoDiE
12.30.2011 , 07:57 AM | #32
Oh good another riveting cry to nerf thread

Dietyz
12.30.2011 , 07:57 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Svensy View Post
And an 50 operative can bring me to 50% while I'm in his stun. We don't always have all our CDs to pop, and unless we do, we're good as dead. How is that balanced.
if you dont have your cds and he does then he SHOULD kill you, how do you not understand that?
Han solo mid or feed

fife
12.30.2011 , 07:57 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by BoDiE View Post
Oh good another riveting cry to nerf thread
oh good another pointless troll.
SWG Flurry

Endel
12.30.2011 , 08:01 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Svensy View Post
I feel for you because i also am playing against Operatives so believe me i feel for you.

The thing is that people are saying how OP are scoundrels in 1vs1 but how often do you get 1vs1 in our 3 tiny warzones we have? Besides i would say that if you have all on CD and i have everything off CD i should be more or less be able to kill you regardless of your level.

Very often we have to fight in the middle of a group of people to buy those few precious seconds so that your teammates can arrive and continue trying to graba turret (or continue to try to disrupt Imps until larger Reps force will arrive).

When i play in WZ's i focus on objectives not on staying half the time in stealth just waiting for some lost sould wondering around solo so i can make him rage quit game and rage join forums for rage threads that scoundrels are OP
Scoundrel
Operative
Only a few are looking forward with optimism...

Mursie
12.30.2011 , 08:03 AM | #36
The scoundrel/op opener is a 3 sec knockdown that cannot be defended. You cannot cc break it with your abilities.

It hits for 6K or higher when delivered by a well geared op/scoundrel

it is pre-loaded while in stealth with a 1k dot that gives armor pen of 50%.

it is followed up with a minimum of two uncontested attacks on a player as the opener is again undefendable..un-ccbreakable.

the two un-contested attacks... can range in dmg of 2-4k per attack. this is against geared players.

Show me a person that believes a scoundrel/operative is not overpowered.... and I'll show you a scoundrel/operative.

But to a more constructive point... to those raging... I have a helpful tip for you:

Reroll. You can't beat em' ... join em'

I just hit 50 on a shadow... i'll be re-rolling tonight. In addition to insane, uncontested, alpha strike opening burst... the op/scoundrel has equal out of stealth dmg to a shadow/assassin... does not have to wait on an instant cast rock to lift from the ground and land on a target... with instant really being more like 3 seconds... and best of all... when done with victim... and in trouble.... can run around a corner and not wait to exit combat in order to heal.... can literally heal on the spot. gg BW... i get that it was a concern that ppl wouldnt roll these lesser canonized figures in an mmo... but you have given them more than enough ample reasons to make them the ONLY choice for a serious PVPer to play.

Klinder
12.30.2011 , 08:09 AM | #37
So they have a good start burst, and good in 1 vs 1, but the rest then?

Just l2p noobs, they are NOT op.

Arutassin
12.30.2011 , 08:21 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Mursie View Post
The scoundrel/op opener is a 3 sec knockdown that cannot be defended. You cannot cc break it with your abilities.

It hits for 6K or higher when delivered by a well geared op/scoundrel

it is pre-loaded while in stealth with a 1k dot that gives armor pen of 50%.

it is followed up with a minimum of two uncontested attacks on a player as the opener is again undefendable..un-ccbreakable.

the two un-contested attacks... can range in dmg of 2-4k per attack. this is against geared players.

Show me a person that believes a scoundrel/operative is not overpowered.... and I'll show you a scoundrel/operative.

But to a more constructive point... to those raging... I have a helpful tip for you:

Reroll. You can't beat em' ... join em'

I just hit 50 on a shadow... i'll be re-rolling tonight. In addition to insane, uncontested, alpha strike opening burst... the op/scoundrel has equal out of stealth dmg to a shadow/assassin... does not have to wait on an instant cast rock to lift from the ground and land on a target... with instant really being more like 3 seconds... and best of all... when done with victim... and in trouble.... can run around a corner and not wait to exit combat in order to heal.... can literally heal on the spot. gg BW... i get that it was a concern that ppl wouldnt roll these lesser canonized figures in an mmo... but you have given them more than enough ample reasons to make them the ONLY choice for a serious PVPer to play.
Spurious claims.

I play both Scoundrel and Shadow and they are so similar with only slight differences. The main difference being that the scoundrel is so much more squishy than the Shadow and is nearly all Melee whereas the Shadow is tougher, has a ranged stun and a few more ranged abilities.

Seriously play all classes to a decent level before claiming anything is OP.

One post says Sages are OP, then its Jedi Knights now it's Scoundrels. Seriously people need to play the game more and form a proper opinion rather than Trolling the forums after they get ganked.

Cardizzle
12.30.2011 , 08:25 AM | #39
No different than when WoW first opened. The Devs will either nerf that kind of burst through gear or damage output.

voidsurvivor
12.30.2011 , 08:25 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Mursie View Post
Please, let us know how that goes for you. Shadows rip Scoundrels a new one out of stealth, unless they are horrible. Instead of re-rolling at 50, perhaps you should have geared up?

I look forward to hearing how often you get a chance to run around a corner and heal up, when facing anyone with a clue.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mhak View Post
If I only ever played SWTOR and Neopets at release I would give a slight edge to SWTOR's pvp as well.

Very slight.