Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Endel
12.30.2011 , 06:53 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Zetara View Post
Maybe you need to PVP more. They are not OP, their damage does not need to be turned down, it needs to be high because they can do nothing else. If you target them while they are uncloaked, you mince them.

They are nowhere NEAR the gods of PVP. Go and actually PVP. Every class has something that seems overpowered. Every. One.
QFT.

Just because someone lost to a competent scoundrel/operative in PVP does not mean they are OP.

Practice alot in PVP and scoundrels will not be such a problem
Scoundrel
Operative
Only a few are looking forward with optimism...

Bandelederen
12.30.2011 , 06:53 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Urusai-Baka View Post
I like this comment.

Any class played properly all of a sudden makes then Overpowered.
I've only noticed that Sorcerers deal a lot of dmg and have that annoying heal, but that's how they are made
Alot of scoundrels here.

Zetara
12.30.2011 , 06:57 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Bandelederen View Post
You dont catch a scoundrel not stealthed if they dont want you too. And if you do, they vanish and open on you, and as we all know, then you die.
I am a bounty hunter, I have never played scoundrel so your editing of my quote is fail.

You just lost to a cloaky and came here to complain about it, plenty of us batter cloakies regularly. It isn't hard.
Quote: Originally Posted by DrekorSilverfang View Post
Burst class does burst damage.

More news at 11 including snipers shoot stuff with guns.
Apophis - Mercenary - Nightmare Lands.

Tuil
12.30.2011 , 06:58 AM | #14
So if we claim every class is OP'd does that mean they are actually balanced? Another week or two and we should have gone through why every class is OP'd

RamzaBehoulve
12.30.2011 , 06:59 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Bandelederen View Post
Anyway. Fact remains, they are immensely OP and their damage needs to be turned down ALOT.

They are atm the gods of pvp.
They get torned to shreds when caught by Sentinels/Marauders and Shadow/Assassin.

CHRISGG
12.30.2011 , 06:59 AM | #16
in 4.5 seconds, i couldn't even react

-op
AKA Faction
50 Sage, Wound in the Force
Check out my YouTube channel, tons of SW:TOR videos!

DarthHendo
12.30.2011 , 07:00 AM | #17
I will agree with this thread. I am currently playing a 50 Sorcerer heal spec. It is impossible for me to heal through the damage they can output solo. They wont even interrupt my casts, simply stun and power through all my bubbles and heals. I don't think that healers should be immortal at all, but at least give me a fighting chance.

I may be able to get away with a electrocute, force speed away, but if those arent up, and I try to stand my ground, I will die at the hands of an operative/scoundrel. From my point of view, which is limited to this class atm, they either need to tone down the damage, or give a slight buff to healers. I should be able to keep up single targets against other single targets with no cc or interupts on me. Just sayin.

Fdzzaigl
12.30.2011 , 07:08 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by CHRISGG View Post
If you couldn't even react in 3 gcds, you are a literal sloth.
Insulting people isn't going to get us anywhere.

More often than not, tenacity is on cooldown, due to the amount of CC being thrown around. That's the only thing that needs changing.

I've seen the numbers the OP is going on about, by themselves, there is nothing wrong with them, it's a burst class.
It's the CC breaks that need to be better, resolve was about making sure you couldn't be destroyed in 1 stunlock, it fails at that.

Thelongroad
12.30.2011 , 07:09 AM | #19
The "rogue" archetype is usually the best PvP class in most MMOs.

Look at this current WoW season - the rogue is dominant again.

If you are a serious PvPer I suggest you suck up your fascination with lightsabers and roll a Operative/Scoundrel. They are truly a blast to play with in PvP.
Such pride in your failure as a man.

QuimboQuambo
12.30.2011 , 07:23 AM | #20
I was saying this for quite some time, but the L2P morons reiterated their delusion of the game being perfectly balanced and shouting down everything else.

Those almost instakill classes have to be brought in line - and fast. People start to realize it's not the SS/JS which is ridiculously OP but the actual high burst dmg classes.