Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

raelimar
01.17.2012 , 02:55 PM | #1091
I don't die to this, but I save my trinket & Rakata Medpack specifically for Scoundrels/Operatives who jump me. With other classes, I can usually heal through it and escape. Concealment burst is definitely over the top, though.

IMO, the following changes need to be implemented.

Step 1: Give players a choice of three stealth openers, so players don't get hit with everything at once.

Jarring Strike - Stun, moderate damage.
Acid Blade - Armor penetration debuff + DoT
Hidden Strike - Straight up backstab

Step 2: Give the openers a shared cooldown of maybe...30 seconds, so people can't Open-->Cloaking Screen--->Open.

Step 3: Lower the cooldown of Shiv and Backstab by 2 seconds, OR increase the damage of Overload Shot, so players have a more reliable rotation out of stealth.

Step 4: Give Operatives/Scoundrels a Shadowstep ability, so they have a non-stealth based closer like every other melee class. This will fix their mobility issue in Huttball.

Red_Cruiser
01.17.2012 , 03:01 PM | #1092
Quote: Originally Posted by raelimar View Post
I don't die to this, but I save my trinket & Rakata Medpack specifically for Scoundrels/Operatives who jump me. With other classes, I can usually heal through it and escape. Concealment burst is definitely over the top, though.

Step 1: Give players a choice of three stealth openers, so players don't get hit with everything at once.

Step 2: Give the openers a shared cooldown of maybe...30 seconds, so people can't Open-->Cloaking Screen--->Open.

Step 3: Lower the cooldown of Shiv and Backstab by 2 seconds, OR increase the damage of Overload Shot, so players have a more reliable rotation out of stealth.

Step 4: Give Operatives/Scoundrels a Shadowstep ability, so they have a non-stealth based closer like every other melee class. This will fix their mobility issue in Huttball.
This seems like a good list of changes.

AndiusTheGreat
01.17.2012 , 04:15 PM | #1093
Quote: Originally Posted by raelimar View Post

I could go for that. I think it kind of kills the burst damage aspect of our class but I play it more because I enjoy the crazy style of scoundrel combat in more extended fights with the sucker punches and the kicks to the groin anyway. I could also go for some of the trinkets/consumables that give us that power to slaughter someone so quickly have their effect halved and duration doubled.

Oh, also if our class is made to take longer to kill, defensive screen needs a serious buff. That skill is trash. It needs to be buffed for sawbones anyway.

I think our class is balanced but the consumables and such are overpowered. When you stack short duration buffs on a burst damage class... that is where things get sketchy.
Andius Meuridiar - Jedi Sage - Light Side
Kaemik Meuridiar - Jedi Gaurdian - Light Side
Tharak Meuridiar - Level 50 Sawbones - Light Side
Ajunta Pall - RP-PVP

Sideblaze
01.17.2012 , 10:12 PM | #1094
You know a class is ridiculous when it could totally anal **** a battlemastered juggernaut. And i Don't have my own op ("You cant whine because you dont have the clas-" Shut up.) I'm not saying nerf the class until it becomes useless, But my god, That knockdown is F************************************************* ************************** ANNOYING!

and apparently they have some weird sprint move that makes it impossible to lose them, Im not asking for a nerf, but i want someone that isn't a butt-hurt op fanatic or a butthurt "NERF THIS CUZ IT KILLZ MEH" type to write up how the hell to counter these guys?

Aslong as the mez break is on a 2 minute cooldown they are going to remain unkillable, but that's not skill, that's just the INABILITY TO DO ANYTHING IN RETALIATION

Poor grammar, Sorry, Bedtime. Bai.

Sideblaze
01.17.2012 , 10:18 PM | #1095
Quote: Originally Posted by Callo View Post
If you were a good sage you would know to have your bubble up if you were not with the group (or even with it). Guess what, it WILL save your butt. I love bad scoundrels/OPs who try to solo gank my shadow and get owned and I don't even have a bubble.
Before i go to bed, i have to comment on this, Hes a juggernaut fighting poorly geared ops, Not everyone is going to be a gosh darned tank with max health and heavy armor to survive the shanking, Think of sorcs bounty hunters and warriors (And the republic mirrors) that have alot less defensive abilities a tank has, I DEMAND YOU to think of a strategy to use when your face down and a guy is shanking your ***hole for 5k per hit, You cant, Because your FRIGGIN' DEAD.

Xippin
01.17.2012 , 10:29 PM | #1096
Quote: Originally Posted by Sideblaze View Post
You know a class is ridiculous when it could totally anal **** a battlemastered juggernaut. And i Don't have my own op ("You cant whine because you dont have the clas-" Shut up.) I'm not saying nerf the class until it becomes useless, But my god, That knockdown is F************************************************* ************************** ANNOYING!

and apparently they have some weird sprint move that makes it impossible to lose them, Im not asking for a nerf, but i want someone that isn't a butt-hurt op fanatic or a butthurt "NERF THIS CUZ IT KILLZ MEH" type to write up how the hell to counter these guys?

Aslong as the mez break is on a 2 minute cooldown they are going to remain unkillable, but that's not skill, that's just the INABILITY TO DO ANYTHING IN RETALIATION

Poor grammar, Sorry, Bedtime. Bai.
We have no sprint...we have no gap closer of any kind for that matter.
Xippin - BH: Powertech; Shield Tech / Smuggler: Scoundrel; Scrapper

TwinShogun
01.17.2012 , 10:43 PM | #1097
Signed signed signed. I had this same thing happen to me, I was down to 400 hp by the end of the knockdown stun they have from stealth. Absolutely ridiculous. No class should be able to kill another before they can fight back. I'm a 50 juggernaut by the way. Don't tell me to use my cc breaker because that's either on cooldown or I don't want to waste it knowing this damn stealther will only stealth away or kill me anyways. Before any of you go shouting L2P know I will not respond to trolls.
Carebear Torture Squad

Bantua
01.17.2012 , 10:44 PM | #1098
my only gripe is....whats a tank...i mean why have 47+ Defense in full Champion as immortal and still get merked by operatives as if im the Synthweaving Trainer........I mean Cmon Son...its ridiculous.........

RoadtoArkham
01.17.2012 , 10:46 PM | #1099
Quote: Originally Posted by Sideblaze View Post
your face down and a guy is shanking your ***hole for 5k per hit, You cant, Because your FRIGGIN' DEAD.
Qaddafi'd!!
Hail to the King, baby.

TheGeodee
01.18.2012 , 09:19 AM | #1100
People need to quit crying L2P ops shred through. Clothys that's the way it should be don't like it reroll not bw's fault u all rolled sorcerer they made everyone balanced op>sorc>jugg>BH>ops...end cycle